IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

On 12/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, genericUserName said:

European gas prices fall to pre-Ukraine war level

Good news. So we can hope that IOM prices for gas and electricity from gas powered generation will not have to increase any further and might actually drop.

LOL! You'd think. Especially with prices continuing to fall due to mild weather we've had and that is predicted to continue at least through January.

However, you can bet your ass our rates will remain at well more than double the 7.28p per kWhs as at October 2021 irrespective of this.

It'll be the old excuse that they've bought forward at the higher rates - sigh!

Hows everyone getting on with ongoing issues with their Gas Bill? . Despite contacting IOM Energy along with OFT nothing has been heard about my issue. Have had acknowledgement from OFT that they would pass on my paperwork but nothing forthcoming for over 8 weeks now. Wonderful efficient company !!!  IOM Energy that is .

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Hows everyone getting on with ongoing issues with their Gas Bill? . Despite contacting IOM Energy along with OFT nothing has been heard about my issue. Have had acknowledgement from OFT that they would pass on my paperwork but nothing forthcoming for over 8 weeks now. Wonderful efficient company !!!  IOM Energy that is .

i aint bothered, if they catch up with me they catch up with me , fuck em.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I’ve only got a gas fire & hob but never had a problem with bill & collection by DD 

I finally received my bill for November today. It was wrong.

After literally watching a card get posted through my letterbox two months ago telling me I wasn't home (I didn't realise it was the meter reader rather than the postman at the time, or I'd have opened the fucking door) I went online there and then and submitted my reading. I know I entered it correctly because I kept the email acknowledgement confirming the figure. On the bill two digits have been transposed, so I've supposedly used several hundred units more than I actually had, at a cost of more than £1,000 above what it should have been. Looks like the correct figure submitted via one electronic system was then manually ported to another system, presumably by some ham-fisted office junior, where it festered for two more months before being sent out.

Hopefully by the time the incompetent twats get round to the January billing (sometime in April probably) I will actually have used pretty much what they think I used two months ago. I somehow doubt they'll wonder why my bill has dropped by well over a grand to zero, though, as they obviously have jack shit in the way of any tolerance / sense checking in their systems.

TL/DR:

EKOwJ0dX0AEWhcl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/customers-take-to-social-media-to-highlight-ongoing-problems-with-gas-bills/

I had just over £350 taken from my account on Wednesday. On Thursday I wrote to my bank asking for a refund under the DD guarentee and cc'd in Iom Energy and the OFT. It's took me overdrawn and I'm fuming.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

According to FB customers have been complaining to OFT since April about money being taken from their accounts, inaccurate billing, emails and telephone calls being unanswered and nothing has been done.   I feel this whole scenario will end in tears  and the taxpayers will be left to pick up the pieces when this company goes belly up.    If you cancel a DD with any Company it is wise to visit your bank and tell them and ask them to make sure that particular DD does not get applied to your account again they should then put a stop on your account.

I am waiting to get a bill - meter reading before Christmas. I pay only when a bill arrives but I am keeping a weekly record of the meter reading. I can wait till they get their act together. 

Is it right that only the company can stop a DD or is it a Standing Order. I was always told never to go for a DD as there is little control over it by the customer? 

I'd never trust MG/IEG with a DD any further than I could throw the BMC.

Pay on receipt of the bill only and if you can't raise response by their automated system or phone then pay over the counter at the Post Office, keeping the receipt.

The fact that these parasites are still in business is symptomatic of too much that's sadly wrong with this Island.

• Thanks 1