IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

Don’t know about the gas explosion , though something should have materialised  before now , but seems there account department is not much better these days . Had my latest bill through a month or so ago , had paid £100 on the previous bill two weeks previously and gave them my up to date reading. The most recent bill had the reading on but no mention of the payment. Emailed them to point this out and automated reply says they would get back to me within 5 days. Another two emails and still no reply just two more automated replies. Last email on Friday pointing out all this and informed them they would not get any more money from me till I’d received a up to date correct statement . Unbelievable outfit . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2024 at 8:33 PM, John Wright said:

They’ve now closed my old account and opened a new one, and claim I’ll have meaningful bills from now on.

I wrote that on 13 August. MG have now taken the same standing order for August for both the old account and the new account. I e-mailed, as soon as I spotted it on my bank app. No reply.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I wrote that on 13 August. MG have now taken the same standing order for August for both the old account and the new account. I e-mailed, as soon as I spotted it on my bank app. No reply.

In a crowded field of contenders, MG nonetheless excel as the least competent corporate entity on this fair Island.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

The zero reply is mind blowing. No excuse and god knows how there still getting away with it. Like you , from memory , I’ve told them they are getting zero money from me till I agree with there up to date statement. And told them there’s a letter going to trading standards about them. Not that it would make a difference. But makes me feel better lol 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

We’ve found that phoning them is better as you get to speak to someone who is normally very helpful, the call centre is. all based in Scotland now.

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

We’ve found that phoning them is better as you get to speak to someone who is normally very helpful, the call centre is. all based in Scotland now.

I was en route to Bulgaria when I noticed the issue. I’m not phoning from BG. 

However, my experience of their call centre is that, whilst pleasant,  no one has authority to do anything, and all they do is to e-mail South Quay. Back to square one.

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I was en route to Bulgaria when I noticed the issue. I’m not phoning from BG. 

However, my experience of their call centre is that, whilst pleasant,  no one has authority to do anything, and all they do is to e-mail South Quay. Back to square one.

So they are still operating some things from South Quay then ? What a disgrace when you consider the money involved in everyone’s gas invoices. Not to have a front of house operation is mind blowing. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 3:13 PM, Numbnuts said:

Not to have a front of house operation is mind blowing. 

They lost that court claim because they had a front of house team who were fucking useless. Naturally the solution is to remove the front of house team.

I’ve got the opposite problem. I’m quite a long way in arrears with MG on a monthly direct debit. I have the money in my savings earning 4% so I’m not worried if they come asking for it. But I’ve emailed them a couple of times for them to up my direct debit a bit and tumbleweed. I imagine when they finally notice they’ll probably change the DD to five grand a month or something.

I always thought Virgin Media would take some beating as the absolutely worst company to deal with, but Manx Gas have stolen their crown.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Thanks 1