No more campers and motorhomes at the Ayres

Happier diner

55 minutes ago, McCallig said:

The curse of the Motorhome is only going to get very much worse unless our government legislates to control them.

Overnight parking on public highways should be prohibited, so if you own one it has to be parked off road.

Glad this abuse of the Ayres is to be stopped.

That's nonsense. They are vehicles same as any other. They are just vans. If they are taxed and insured how can you stop them parking unless you stop all the bloody big vans parked all over the place. If they did both then yes I agree, but the vans are more of a nuisance than the motorhomes by a long way.

BTW. As the saying goes. I have no skin in the game. I have neither van nor motorhome parked on the road.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's nonsense. They are vehicles same as any other. They are just vans. If they are taxed and insured how can you stop them parking unless you stop all the bloody big vans parked all over the place. If they did both then yes I agree, but the vans are more of a nuisance than the motorhomes by a long way.

BTW. As the saying goes. I have no skin in the game. I have neither van nor motorhome parked on the road.

They are an eyesore though, there’s always a number parked alongside quay in peel & out by breakwater in port Erin which never seem to move & probably several groups of them elsewhere 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

They are an eyesore though, there’s always a number parked alongside quay in peel & out by breakwater in port Erin which never seem to move & probably several groups of them elsewhere 

A little maybe. Its funny, I find the old vans more annoying. Some of them are 'race' vans - ie a pile of shit with a window in it. Dumped all over. Some with the sills rotting out of them. Like I say, so long as both are gotten rid of I don't mind. Maybe an on street limit of 5m long and 2T MGW.  Thinking about it though, parking isnt policed much anyway so it would be just more vehicles breaking the laws, but no one giving a stuff anyway.