No more campers and motorhomes at the Ayres

Happier diner

13 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Amalgamate the local authorities and hand it over to the Northern one to run. Pay for showers / toilets off rates similar to most parks and then introduce byelaws for nuisances and empower some local wardens to periodically visit / monitor and fine any antisocial behaviour.

It's clear DEFA aren't set up for managing this sort of thing and it's ruining an amenity liked by many

They’re not going to run it, Ballmoar are if you actually read articles & it will be on cost neutral basis.

More information released 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/sulby-claddagh-permit-fee-still-represents-exceptional-value-despite-price-hike/

The charges are more complicated than I thought. 

I guess they will expect the people at ballamoar to police it. Will they have the relevant powers? It's hard enough when you have your own site, but policing a public area will be interesting 

Perhaps the difference is that this is perceived to be public land, rightly or wrongly, and what is to stop people lending permits to friends or family members it all gets a bit complicated.    Perhaps you will need you passport for identification  😂.    For all the hassle and then paying people to manage it they should have made it free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hissingsid said:

Perhaps the difference is that this is perceived to be public land, rightly or wrongly, and what is to stop people lending permits to friends or family members it all gets a bit complicated.    Perhaps you will need your passport for identification  😂.    For all the hassle and then paying people to manage it they should have made it free.

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

They ran a campsite at ballamoar so what’s the difference?

Errrr. They kind of own that. They charge you in advance. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, but they will not be used to vans and cars of youths turning up and getting pissed and then challenging them if asked to leave. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

If there are N pitches and N locals take out a season permit, how will the organisers manage busy weekends? Maybe like the airlines -  bugger off, come back another day.

You have to book your pitch in advance. Regardless of what permit you have. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

You have to book your pitch in advance. Regardless of what permit you have. 

Hmmm. If I were a happy camper and had a season ticket, I would book every weekend throughout the whole year plus two weeks during TT and during MGP plus some other times.

I assume they have a plan to defeat this kind of thing.

Is sub-letting during TT prohibited?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Civil Servant solution to a problem.....

Make someone fill in an "official" form, pay a fee, with charge bands, and expect it to work, despite all logic saying it wont.

This looks like a clusterfuck of epic proportions even for the island. 🙂😉 

What would you do if you were sorting it all out? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

This looks like a clusterfuck of epic proportions even for the island.

And while I’m at it, your constant Island bashing is becoming really tiresome.

We get it. You think we’re a total shambles and you’ve gone to that extremely well run Island next door where milk and honey runs past your door every day. Well done. I’m delighted for you.

But enough already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2