No more campers and motorhomes at the Ayres

Happier diner

8 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Well people have been camping there in significant numbers since the end of the war, a vast majority of that time very happily with little or no regulation or government involvement.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck .

Don't believe everything self important civil servants tell you.

It doesn't look anything like a duck. So it's not a duck. Only in your mind. It's a piece of grass.

I started the consultation and gave up. It’s not very well done. One of the first questions asks what you use to stay there and there’s a list but neither camper vans or motorhomes are on the list. Given that the greatest amount of users are in vans it seems like a massive oversight. The rest wasn’t much better tbh.

Do you think these consultations are ever run past an interested party before publication or is it just someone sitting in an office making it up? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I started the consultation and gave up. It’s not very well done. One of the first questions asks what you use to stay there and there’s a list but neither camper vans or motorhomes are on the list. Given that the greatest amount of users are in vans it seems like a massive oversight. The rest wasn’t much better tbh.

Do you think these consultations are ever run past an interested party before publication or is it just someone sitting in an office making it up? 

I agree. The consultation document is a bit crap. Please persevere though as it's important to get the message over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

So. When you drive through the countryside and see fields. You see campsites?

Are you suggesting it should be used for agricultural use?

Campsites by their nature resemble fields, infact some fields are even used as campsites (ever been to the lake District?).

The point is that the Claddagh is a campsite and has been for generations. Long before you and other people in government who consider themselves decided that it now isn't a campsite, but can be if you pay them hundreds of pounds a year to help pay their wages and pensions so they can continue to feel important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Campsites by their nature resemble fields, infact some fields are even used as campsites (ever been to the lake District?).

The point is that the Claddagh is a campsite and has been for generations. Long before you and other people in government who consider themselves decided that it now isn't a campsite, but can be if you pay them hundreds of pounds a year to help pay their wages and pensions so they can continue to feel important.

I have the contact details for a therapist. Might be able to help. 

38 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You may have more traction with your argument if you said USED  as a campsite. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

You may have more traction with your argument if you said USED  as a campsite. 

That's the whole point though isn't it. Here we have a piece of land which has been a campsite for generations. 

Civil servants get involved and tell us it's not a campsite - but if we pay them a couple of hundred quid a year it can be.

Arguing that it's been used as a campsite as opposed to being a campsite is just the kind of meaningless hair splitting bollocks on which these people thrive.

It's a campsite, it's been a campsite for donkeys years, government need to just fuck off and find some other little non-project to keep themselves occupied and let the people who use it as such get on with it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

That's the whole point though isn't it. Here we have a piece of land which has been a campsite for generations. 

Civil servants get involved and tell us it's not a campsite - but if we pay them a couple of hundred quid a year it can be.

Arguing that it's been used as a campsite as opposed to being a campsite is just the kind of meaningless hair splitting bollocks on which these people thrive.

It's a campsite, it's been a campsite for donkeys years, government need to just fuck off and find some other little non-project to keep themselves occupied and let the people who use it as such get on with it.

I made a new years resolution to be nice on here. I haven't in the last 24hrs so I apologise.

In my defence I did say that whether something was a campsite was subjective. There is no absolute definition. When I drive past it I dont see a campsite. I think  @Gladysis spot on with her definition. It's an area of grass that has been used for camping. You cant really argue with that.

Wrt to me sticking up for government and defa. I haven't. The situation has become a mess and certainly not helped in anyway by their misguided and shabby interference.

• Like 3