No more campers and motorhomes at the Ayres

Happier diner

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

not overnight is my understanding ( probably wrong ) but you can be there all day and do the same amount of damage.

Similar to the Claddagh?  You can 'camp' during the day.  Although to anyone except an IOM CS worker, if there is no over-night stay, it's not camping. 

53 minutes ago, Zarley said:

IDG? 

Is it IDG? Its one of the big contractors that own a section. You just drive to the end and park there. Might be Island Aggregates more likely. I know its banned at the Smeale now but no one seems to care at the lighthouse. No camping though

• Thanks 1

What are the rules about driving to the Ayres, setting up a telescope and using it overnight?

Not camping, just using the IOM advertised "Dark Skies" thing

Serious question, I do a lot of astrophotography here in the Dales and setup in the most remote locations I can find.

The island looks really good for dark sky areas but I don't want to spend a night in the Police cells due to the islands, make the law up as you go along, Police.

Would I be a Vagrant? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

NW of the lighthouse is the sea?

Not that far NW :) I found this …  https://www.gov.im/media/52398/ayresnnrdafflandbyelaws.pdf 

it looks like the bit we used to camp at isn’t defa owned but pffft, I’ve already had the police up there for me once (long but hilarious story & I wasn’t in any actual trouble) and can do without the bother.

What are the rules for the car parks by hango hill? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Not that far NW :) I found this …  https://www.gov.im/media/52398/ayresnnrdafflandbyelaws.pdf 

it looks like the bit we used to camp at isn’t defa owned but pffft, I’ve already had the police up there for me once (long but hilarious story & I wasn’t in any actual trouble) and can do without the bother.

What are the rules for the car parks by hango hill? 

My oldest memories of the island police involve them taking action, in quite legal situations, that they thought were "against the law"

This was because of what we now call Karens making reports to them.

I had one such incident which involved the Police knocking on my door in the middle of the night when a girlfriend of mine turned up at my house at 2am and we had some noisy sex.

My next door neighbour (Methodist church keeper) told the police my girlfriend had "parked outside their house and then had "extramarital relations with me" I kid you not, the plod turned up for that! - this is late 80s in Kirk Michael.

Mid 90s -  I found once I had joined a Lodge and mentioned that they fuc8ed off.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

My oldest memories of the island police involve them taking action, in quite legal situations, that they thought were "against the law"

This was because of what we now call Karens making reports to them.

I had one such incident which involved the Police knocking on my door in the middle of the night when a girlfriend of mine turned up at my house at 2am and we had some noisy sex.

My next door neighbour (Methodist church keeper) told the police my girlfriend had "parked outside their house and then had "extramarital relations with me" I kid you not, the plod turned up for that! - this is late 80s in Kirk Michael.

Mid 90s -  I found once I had joined a Lodge and mentioned that they fuc8ed off.

Mid nineties on laxey beach one night, someone called the police on me and some friends, due to reports of a gun. It was a supersoaker!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Mid nineties on laxey beach one night, someone called the police on me and some friends, due to reports of a gun. It was a supersoaker!

Should have joined Arthur Stanley

You could of had a machine gun and they would have just nodded and said goodnight...