Douglas Council to investigate 'corruption' allegations

HelmutX

14 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

Maybe they’re now recruiting for a building control officer on Facebook. Does that mean one’s either been kicked out or left recently? As suggested above if only there was a way for people who work at the Corpy to post news or gossip anonymously on social media somewhere. 

0C2CD34D-E900-46F7-8637-D8DA3D04B256.jpeg

Hadn't noticed that. Good spot, could have been understaffed before the allegations though.

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you asked your councilor for an update?

If you believe what the Guy from Ettyl was saying then I would say you’re in fantasy land!

We've considered this very point on here before. I think only an idiot - which we all know you often are - would discount the allegations because the person is accused of something themselves. On the face of it, the allegations look to have some basis to them. Let's not also forget the person making the allegations is innocent until proven guilty.

I think rather than saying its bullshit because of the individual we should be asking DBC to tell us if its BS or not, which is what's happening here.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Hadn't noticed that. Good spot, could have been understaffed before the allegations though.

We've considered this very point on here before. I think only an idiot - which we all know you often are - would discount the allegations because the person is accused of something themselves. On the face of it, the allegations look to have some basis to them. Let's not also forget the person making the allegations is innocent until proven guilty.

I think rather than saying its bullshit because of the individual we should be asking DBC to tell us if its BS or not, which is what's happening here.

Instead of shouting your anonymous mouth off here, why don’t you ask your councilor for an update ? Moronic!!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Instead of shouting your anonymous mouth off here, why don’t you ask your councilor for an update ? Moronic!!

Not sure my local commissioners can help me with a Douglas issue!

Its a discussion forum and we are discussing a relevant local IOM issue.

So either you're close to the corpy or you have something against the person making the allegations. Which is it?

Edited by NoTailT

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Not sure my local commissioners can help me with a Douglas issue!

Its a discussion forum and we are discussing a relevant local IOM issue.

So either you're close to the corpy or you have something against the person making the allegations. Which is it?

If you’re not a Douglas ratepayer why are you so bothered or are you connected in some way, which is it?

If you’re not a Douglas ratepayer why are you so bothered or are you connected in some way, which is it?

So because I'm not a Douglas ratepayer I'm not entitled to an opinion on bins or an organisation - alledgedly - being bent?

I think it's glaringly obvious who the moron here is. People will call me stupid for giving you airtime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you asked your councilor for an update?

If you believe what the Guy from Ettyl was saying then I would say you’re in fantasy land!

An associate of mine rented rental space off Hubb and I’ve never had an issue with Jason. I certainly wouldn’t be discrediting him due to his court case. If would be far easier if DBC actually responded to the serious allegations made in a professional and timely way rather than relying on furious people like you to go around slagging off what someone has said purely because they’ve been in court and been found guilty of absolutely nothing whatsoever as yet.

As we can see they are now actively recruiting a building control officer so it should be relatively easy for someone to confirm the circumstances around this. 

Edited by MrGarrison

I'm surprised Mr FOI hasn't jumped on this one. He hads been going after PTC etc. 
A good place to start would be "What are you procedures for investigating accusations of corruption?" And a follow up like "How many investigations have taken place over the last 5 years and what were the outcomes?"
Wonder how they'd try to wriggle out of that one as not being in the public interest.

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

I'm surprised Mr FOI hasn't jumped on this one. He hads been going after PTC etc. 
A good place to start would be "What are you procedures for investigating accusations of corruption?" And a follow up like "How many investigations have taken place over the last 5 years and what were the outcomes?"
Wonder how they'd try to wriggle out of that one as not being in the public interest.

I was talking to someone about this the other day.

I think Josem is keeping quiet because one of his employers may - or may not - be implicated. You're right, he'd be all over something like this normally.

Edited by NoTailT

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Surprisingly the ones on here asking for updates don’t want to submit FOIs are ask DBC directly! They’d rather post accusations on anonymous forum 😂

Surprisingly the ones on here asking for updates don’t want to submit FOIs are ask DBC directly! They’d rather post accusations on anonymous forum 😂

A certain councillor is happy to pedal his propaganda videos on here in support of DBC and reply to DBC matters when it suits him. He's been asked, viewed the thread and chosen not to reply.

As Garrison says, silence is deafening and keeping the public discussion going should keep it on the agenda so it doesn't get brushed under the carpet IMO.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

I thought that you also aren't a Douglas ratepayer? In that case, by your logic, you shouldn't be bothering with this thread or its concerns either.

• Haha 8

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

They won’t tell you anyway. I’ve asked a DBC councilor directly and it’s clear there is some sort of party line being held on this at the moment. You won’t find out which is why I’m happy to ask the question on here, and why I assume others are too, to see if anyone close to DBC wants to offer a comment. Even anonymously. 

I hadn’t seen that job advert though. Very interesting. 

I've asked the only DBC councillor I know in the real world. The answer was simply: I don't know anything, we haven't been told anything, there's an investigation underway.

Surely it doesn't take long to establish some initial findings?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Given how they treated the guy who got stuck abroad during Covid lockdowns and the tribunals revelation about the HR department and managements attitude and the recent off hand dismissals of some ratepayers genuine concerns about changes to the  bin collections, is it any wonder people would be hesitant to engage with these people directly.  

Always thought some civil servants are neither, civil or serving. Sadly a few rotten apples can easily spoil both the respect and the trust we have in our officials. Be they on Prospect Hill or Ridgeway Street

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s an anonymous forum where the main moderator is a member of DBC so it’s entirely logical really isn’t it that this should be absolutely the most appropriate place to expect to get an answer from.