Douglas Council to investigate 'corruption' allegations

HelmutX

36 minutes ago, english zloty said:

i heard that on the moaning line today , winty read out the so called hacked email message sent to a manx radio employee denying an intention to resign and special meeting asking for a vote of confidence in some woman followed by caller 'eddie' claiming he would get stuff together for tomorrows phone in and asking/wondering why someone had actually resigned then ??  i have to say i have no idea what all the shit is about and wheteher hacked email message and resigned person are one in the same but no doubt all this bollocks will continue tomorrow on MR at lunchtime.

24 minutes ago, english zloty said:

It's a bit weird, not least because it seems to have taken Manx Radio a whole week to investigate it and they still seem to have no idea what they are doing.  They also say "Isle of Man Advertising - the organisation contracted by Douglas Borough Council for media services" has given them a statement and then say "Douglas Borough Council was contacted for an official statement yesterday (4 January).  At present, no response has been received".  But why should they if IOMA has already responded on their behalf[1]?   It's also a bit confusing in that they claim the email was "from [a] gov.im address".  But the official addresses are douglas.gov.im so which was it - and that's before you consider email spoofing.  So there may have been no security lapse at all.

[1] Whether this is a good thing or not is another matter, but it's what the current situation is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit weird, not least because it seems to have taken Manx Radio a whole week to investigate it and they still seem to have no idea what they are doing.  They also say "Isle of Man Advertising - the organisation contracted by Douglas Borough Council for media services" has given them a statement and then say "Douglas Borough Council was contacted for an official statement yesterday (4 January).  At present, no response has been received".  But why should they if IOMA has already responded on their behalf[1]?   It's also a bit confusing in that they claim the email was "from [a] gov.im address".  But the official addresses are douglas.gov.im so which was it - and that's before you consider email spoofing.  So there may have been no security lapse at all.

[1] Whether this is a good thing or not is another matter, but it's what the current situation is.

I'd say this "hacked email" claim by Wells in preparation of the next allegation of these councillors . I think they may have wind of what's coming and pretending she's been hacked . Much like they've been inundating manx news outlets with false allegations on personal attacks on employees and themselves to try and detract from all the issues they are having .  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BillyNoMates said:

why would they have a hacked email? for the sake fo the career of whoever signed that off at manx radio i hope they checked the email wasnt spoofed.

100%

The first thing I would be checking is whether Manx Radio's email has been properly set up -- or whether it is able to receive emails with spoofed from addresses. 

Edited by genericUserName

46 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

I'd say this "hacked email" claim by Wells in preparation of the next allegation of these councillors . I think they may have wind of what's coming and pretending she's been hacked . Much like they've been inundating manx news outlets with false allegations on personal attacks on employees and themselves to try and detract from all the issues they are having .  

Except it's not clear that Wells is claiming anything and the email would need to examined carefully before it showed that the account had be hacked, rather than it being a fake.  No one would be surprised if DBC's computer systems were dodgy in some way, but Manx Radio's rather confused reporting doesn't really let us judge.

As for the 'false' accounts of attacks on DBC employees, your knowledge of exactly what has happened to each of them over the last few months is almost as impressive as Banker's ability to know the exact location of every teacher on the Island and what they are doing at all times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

A man who is facing a trial for serious fraud charges due to allegedly forging documents posts some unattributed screenshots of a WhatsApp message on Twitter and the usual suspects are treating it as gospel truth. How...quaint.

Probably hoping if he spreads enough crap - then some of it will eventually stick