Douglas Council to investigate 'corruption' allegations

HelmutX

13 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Any updates @Amadeus?

You’d think they could make a statement. It’s been 6 months now since the claims were made so even a “We’ve investigated and found nothing” would be expected in this sort of period of time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BriT said:

You’d think they could make a statement. It’s been 6 months now since the claims were made so even a “We’ve investigated and found nothing” would be expected in this sort of period of time. 

Give it a rest like the rest of you!!

The multiple posting personality that is @BriT @offshoremanxman and @Broadcasterman is certainly worthy of a psychological study. Especially if you throw a minor subsidiary personality of @FANDL Or @Cueey Lewis And The News

Edited 2 hours ago by Kipper99

• Confused 1

One, I thought accusing people of being sock puppets was a banable offence. Seems to be an awful lot of these type accusations lately and it's getting old. Adds nothing but bandwidth to a thread.

Two, how on earth did Kipper99 edit Bankers post?

Screenshot_20230609-200035.thumb.jpg.62883540e47bd79848a2f2c5003e13d6.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I didn’t. I don’t understand. I amended my original post, shortly after I made it. All I can think of is that banker copied and pasted my whole post.

That must be it. I didn't see your other post until after Banker's. I came back here to look again (thinking to myself... that spiff was stronger than I thought!) but was none the wiser as it didn't seem to be a screen shot. I didn't think the edit message would c&p but it must have. Twilight Zone shit. 

Ps. Spiff? I wish. 

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, a humorous note back on the topic of the wonderfully talented, highly skilled and very frugal great value for vast amounts of money levied on their ratepayers Douglas Borough Council .............................

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2023/06/10/douglas-bin-amnesty/

Exclusive report ..

Following this weeks report of a Douglas ratepayer being investigated by the police for allegedly stealing a Douglas bin the Herald can now exclusively confirm that Council Leader, Claire Wells, will soon be declaring a Douglas bin amnesty ahead of a new wheelie bin lease-back scheme about to be launched which will threaten to report every Douglas resident for bin theft if they have council property (a Douglas City Wheelie Bin) stored full time on their premises.

In future all wheelie bins will be required to be returned to City Hall for safe custody until official bin collection day when they will then be leased back to residents for a strict 24 hour period just to facilitate the collection of refuse.

When the Herald contacted Ms Wells she seemed delighted to confirm that the tip off the Editor had received earlier in the week was correct “Following our positive interaction with the police I believe that we need to take a different and more radical approach to our current revenue model. Ratepayers need to accept that they are just the custodians of our wheelie bins that we generously hand out at considerable cost – and mostly they just sit rent free in peoples gardens or on drives for some fourteen days a month before they are required to be emptied. This is an inefficient way of deploying council assets and according to non-existent legal advice we thought about taking potentially leaves us open to home owners trying to charge us for allowing our property to be sited on their land. As a result in future the Council will be demanding the return of all our refuse assets for the two weeks the ratepayer currently has free usage for and we will then lease our property back to the user at the cost of £10 for up to 24 hours use so that they can properly dispose of their waste. This will also cut down on the unsightly mess overflowing bins are creating which is embarrassing to the Council and makes it look like our refuse changes aren’t working. No doubt the largely ill-educated, trouble making, neanderthal minority of ratepayers will have an issue with this – but if they do we will simply report them for theft and retrieve our property anyway via IOM Constabulary”

Ms Wells then closed by adding “We have been looking for a way to inflict even more inconvenience and annoyance on our ratepayers for a while and after the bin theft episode this week we think that this sort of petty, narrow-minded, vindictively futile exercise in enforced compliance is just the right way to do it. Under the amnesty ratepayers will have thirty days in which to voluntarily return our property before they automatically get reported to the Police for theft. Amnesty letters will be sent out on the 30th June and our bins must be returned at the current custodians cost”

Having obtained surprisingly frank disclosure from Ms Wells the Herald then contacted Douglas City Mayor Natalie Byron-Teare to see if she might add anything further about what are bound to be highly controversial changes – however she declined “I’ve just bought a nice new hat for functions and swapped my name for something that sounds a bit posher so I leave all of that day to day stuff to Claire really. Nobody really cares about dirty old bins to they? I suppose at least I won’t have to get my new gloves or shoes dirty touching a filthy bin if we do take them away for two weeks so I’d be in favour”

If you are a Douglas resident concerned about the potential impact of the Douglas City bin amnesty please get in touch.

The Editor, the Port Soderick Herald

@portsoderickH

Email: tpsh@email.com

Today’s sponsor

Are you a local authority representative with delusions of grandeur? Would you like to look the part at official functions or civic events but don’t have the budget to make a statement? Why not buy a genuine recycled plastic 9 carat gold effect Mayoral Chain direct from the Guangzhou No.1 Peoples Mayoral Chain Manufacturing Company. These high precision gold-look chains are almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing and will top off your look at any formal event no matter what your actual status. To order your chain just email: tpsh@email.com with the header “I live in a council house but want to look a bit posh like Hyacinth Bucket”

On 6/10/2023 at 8:46 AM, Dirty Buggane said:

Spiff as in relocate IOM, Its a spiffing place to live.(just don't get caught) 

Well spotted 😂 I should make sure I've got my reading glasses on before lighting up. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

Meanwhile, a humorous note back on the topic of the wonderfully talented, highly skilled and very frugal great value for vast amounts of money levied on their ratepayers Douglas Borough Council .............................

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2023/06/10/douglas-bin-amnesty/

Exclusive report ..

Following this weeks report of a Douglas ratepayer being investigated by the police for allegedly stealing a Douglas bin the Herald can now exclusively confirm that Council Leader, Claire Wells, will soon be declaring a Douglas bin amnesty ahead of a new wheelie bin lease-back scheme about to be launched which will threaten to report every Douglas resident for bin theft if they have council property (a Douglas City Wheelie Bin) stored full time on their premises.

In future all wheelie bins will be required to be returned to City Hall for safe custody until official bin collection day when they will then be leased back to residents for a strict 24 hour period just to facilitate the collection of refuse.

When the Herald contacted Ms Wells she seemed delighted to confirm that the tip off the Editor had received earlier in the week was correct “Following our positive interaction with the police I believe that we need to take a different and more radical approach to our current revenue model. Ratepayers need to accept that they are just the custodians of our wheelie bins that we generously hand out at considerable cost – and mostly they just sit rent free in peoples gardens or on drives for some fourteen days a month before they are required to be emptied. This is an inefficient way of deploying council assets and according to non-existent legal advice we thought about taking potentially leaves us open to home owners trying to charge us for allowing our property to be sited on their land. As a result in future the Council will be demanding the return of all our refuse assets for the two weeks the ratepayer currently has free usage for and we will then lease our property back to the user at the cost of £10 for up to 24 hours use so that they can properly dispose of their waste. This will also cut down on the unsightly mess overflowing bins are creating which is embarrassing to the Council and makes it look like our refuse changes aren’t working. No doubt the largely ill-educated, trouble making, neanderthal minority of ratepayers will have an issue with this – but if they do we will simply report them for theft and retrieve our property anyway via IOM Constabulary”

Ms Wells then closed by adding “We have been looking for a way to inflict even more inconvenience and annoyance on our ratepayers for a while and after the bin theft episode this week we think that this sort of petty, narrow-minded, vindictively futile exercise in enforced compliance is just the right way to do it. Under the amnesty ratepayers will have thirty days in which to voluntarily return our property before they automatically get reported to the Police for theft. Amnesty letters will be sent out on the 30th June and our bins must be returned at the current custodians cost”

Having obtained surprisingly frank disclosure from Ms Wells the Herald then contacted Douglas City Mayor Natalie Byron-Teare to see if she might add anything further about what are bound to be highly controversial changes – however she declined “I’ve just bought a nice new hat for functions and swapped my name for something that sounds a bit posher so I leave all of that day to day stuff to Claire really. Nobody really cares about dirty old bins to they? I suppose at least I won’t have to get my new gloves or shoes dirty touching a filthy bin if we do take them away for two weeks so I’d be in favour”

If you are a Douglas resident concerned about the potential impact of the Douglas City bin amnesty please get in touch.

The Editor, the Port Soderick Herald

@portsoderickH

Email: tpsh@email.com

Today’s sponsor

Are you a local authority representative with delusions of grandeur? Would you like to look the part at official functions or civic events but don’t have the budget to make a statement? Why not buy a genuine recycled plastic 9 carat gold effect Mayoral Chain direct from the Guangzhou No.1 Peoples Mayoral Chain Manufacturing Company. These high precision gold-look chains are almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing and will top off your look at any formal event no matter what your actual status. To order your chain just email: tpsh@email.com with the header “I live in a council house but want to look a bit posh like Hyacinth Bucket”

This C&P is getting tedious. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Their lawyers seem to have been busy again threatening Summerland survivors 

BD3D7C11-08EC-4DE8-A3BF-8CC56823F043.jpeg

12134C69-A88F-4655-AF05-F3414F3C461F.jpeg

You should post the whole of that exchange.  There are real survivors, ie those actually in Summerland and still living with the injuries they sustained, who do not want the strident controversy that this campaigning generates. 

I am not sure this lady reflects all of their views.  They want peace and quiet remembrance. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You should post the whole of that exchange.  There are real survivors, ie those actually in Summerland and still living with the injuries they sustained, who do not want the strident controversy that this campaigning generates. 

And what exactly has that got to do with the council apparently sending out legal letters trying to silence people? Nothing. That’s what. 

1 minute ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

And what exactly has that got to do with the council apparently sending out legal letters trying to silence people? Nothing. That’s what. 

Everything, particularly when certain terms are being bandied about.  

I have corresponded with one real survivor who wishes she would stop and allow the survivors to deal with their loss (very personal) in their own way.  

The lady campaigning is no more a survivor than I am.  I witnessed it just like she did, but would never presume what the real survivors feel is a fitting Remembrance. 

• Like 1