Douglas Council to investigate 'corruption' allegations

HelmutX

51 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

PSH is a real journalist, though - so never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. 🙂

Your peculiar bitterness appears to get in the way of any serious contribution you might make. I only re posted a question that hadn’t been answered. I made no claim to its accuracy or anything else. Just merely pointed out that it hadn’t been answered in amongst all the distracting arguing. 

8 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Your peculiar bitterness appears to get in the way of any serious contribution you might make.

What you allege to be bitterness, I would allege to be a bit of mild humour.   I wasn’t making a serious point, just a mildly humorous remark.   I completely understand if you don’t think it’s funny - but you do seem excessively touchy about it.   Interesting…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

They weren't and I tend not to race along the closed section of Marine Drive on the back of a motorbike, far less with a gym kit in bag! 

How they got there remains an intriguing mystery. 

Maybe the PSH could do a bit of investigative journalism and find out? After all it’s in their neck of the woods

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I've a question about the corruption allegations. Are they still some screenshots on twitter or were they made into something a bit more cohesive? And if they were, can someone publish them here in full please.

From what I read on Twitter a few weeks ago, the matter is now being investigated by the police I think.

17 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

From what I read on Twitter a few weeks ago, the matter is now being investigated by the police I think.

I don't think the police should investigate screenshots on twitter, about anything. Could be made up shit and a complete waste of everyones time. I do think they should investigate a properly laid out allegation. Do you see the difference? Maybe I've missed it.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't think the police should investigate screenshots on twitter, about anything. Could be made up shit and a complete waste of everyones time. I do think they should investigate a properly laid out allegation. Do you see the difference? Maybe I've missed it.

Context really helps, because we can all just guess. My guess is DBC investigated then referred it to the police, if it has actually been referred as stated on social media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You've missed what the police's job (or ought to be).  It's not to "investigate a properly laid out allegation" but to investigate and evidence (or not) that allegation and do the proper laying out themselves.  If you were burgled you wouldn't expect the police to turn up and demand you supply full forensic reports then and there.

So they'd have started with the screenshots, but then accessed the devices that were involved, looked at the Council paperwork and so on and put a case together to pass on to the AG's Office to make a decision whether to prosecute.  If it turns out to be made up, that should be fairly obvious quite quickly, other records won't match with the allegations.  But putting together a case will be more difficult and take longer, especially if devices or documents have gone 'missing'.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

You've missed what the police's job (or ought to be).  It's not to "investigate a properly laid out allegation" but to investigate and evidence (or not) that allegation and do the proper laying out themselves.  If you were burgled you wouldn't expect the police to turn up and demand you supply full forensic reports then and there.

So they'd have started with the screenshots, but then accessed the devices that were involved, looked at the Council paperwork and so on and put a case together to pass on to the AG's Office to make a decision whether to prosecute.  If it turns out to be made up, that should be fairly obvious quite quickly, other records won't match with the allegations.  But putting together a case will be more difficult and take longer, especially if devices or documents have gone 'missing'.

No, i disagree. If I was burgled it would me me contacting the police and telling them what had been stolen. I would be the victim. In this case it isn't the the victim of a crime making an allegation, its just someone on twitter. Twitter is full of shit, screenshots are easy to make up and the police shouldn't get involved. If someone thinks some corruption has taken place and wants something done they should put together in a meaningful way what exactly they think has gone on. Dumping a load of screenshots, as funny as it was, is not enough. It's no surprise that everyone wants to ignore it. Write a fucking piece explaining yourself and people, including the corpy and police, might take it a bit more seriously.

I say this as someone who is fully aware of people who've been given the nod and have picked up houses on the cheap, renovated and flipped. The allegations are, in my mind, likely true. I just think its a shit way to make them. Do it properly.