Douglas Council to investigate 'corruption' allegations

HelmutX

2 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

I have never banned anyone. I am not a moderator here.

Never said you did but have had three separate people email in during the last week with the rather spurious (made up in fact) legal warnings given behind their bans as they think there is something going on with the way this forum being moderated to exclude criticism of DBC. So no point in pushing an alternative view we know where it will end. Already posted much more than originally intended. 

Just now, FANDL said:

Never said you did but have had three separate people email in during the last week with the rather spurious (made up in fact) legal warnings given behind their bans as they think there is something going on with the way this forum being moderated to exclude criticism of DBC. So no point in pushing an alternative view we know where it will end. Already posted much more than originally intended. 

I'm genuinely not sure there's a conspiracy to protect DBC from criticism. But if there is this may prove it. 

Douglas Borough Council is an absolute shit show. It is failing the ratepayers of the 'city' of Douglas. It is more concerned in the self promotion of being a 'city' and being seen to do the 'right thing' in terms of recycling - even though their new system displeases the majority and seems to be massively inefficient. 

Many streets in Douglas are now overrun with litter and overflowing bins. The fact the Council removed bins rather than addressing the issue of domestic refuse collections is symptomatic of the wider issue with the Council as a whole. 

The frontline workers of DBC are being let down by the poor decisions of councillors and weak advice from senior council officers. 

A large minority of the Councillors appear to have their heads so far up their own arses they would struggle to tell which way the wind is blowing, never mind understand the views of their constituents. 

The 'personal attacks' levelled at the (current) Council Leader Wells aren't personal and are purely political, but they Councillors are so politically inept they can't recognise that. 

The only way forward is to fold the current council and hold fresh elections. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I'm genuinely not sure there's a conspiracy to protect DBC from criticism. But if there is this may prove it. 

Can only go on what’s been emailed through and said. Both active moderators here are directly linked to DBC. They’ve banned a lot of posters who have posted negatively in DBC threads in the last week. Seen the “advice” given to three which is laughable to be honest. Fully agree with the rest of your post. They are not pushing out the impression that they are interested in anyone else’s point of view. A few suspect that DBC membership is just being used as a platform for Keys next time round for some - so that is why a zero tolerance approach seems to be being taken over DBC criticism. Not sure that’s the case but it’s been suggested. But you’re right the staff are being let down (well at least those staff who aren’t actively bullying ratepayers into selling them property on the cheap) by people who simply see no point in listening to the people who actually fund Town Hall. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Or, for that matter, connect to a forum.

I’d have thought even if that was possible any forum would be risking a massive GDPR fine by trying to link an IP address to an external real life user on the internet unless they’ve made all the appropriate GDPR personal data statements in their terms and conditions. 

1 minute ago, Adam Jacko IOM said:

I’d have thought even if that was possible any forum would be risking a massive GDPR fine by trying to link an IP address to an external real life user on the internet unless they’ve made all the appropriate GDPR personal data statements in their terms and conditions. 

Most forums do not require people to provide personally identifying data.

To identify someone as the same person is not the same as identfying who they actually are. The whole internet, however, is tracking people as they hop from website to website. That's how the ads mostly work.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Most forums do not require people to provide personally identifying data.

To identify someone as the same person is not the same as identfying who they actually are. The whole internet, however, is tracking people as they hop from website to website. That's how the ads mostly work.

Why do I keep getting adverts for Ukrainian beauty's then?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Why do I keep getting adverts for Ukrainian beauty's then?

Presumbably because your browsing puts you in a target demographic. Male of a certain age, at the very least.

Also - did you pause and look at the advert? Did your mouse hover over it?

Edited by genericUserName

9 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Probably more faked emails.

No very genuine and with attachments. Just as the interactions I’ve had with Mr Scales over his accusations of malpractice and potential house theft have been. It appears that not a lot of people like DBC. 

31 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Can only go on what’s been emailed through and said. Both active moderators here are directly linked to DBC. They’ve banned a lot of posters who have posted negatively in DBC threads in the last week. Seen the “advice” given to three which is laughable to be honest. Fully agree with the rest of your post. They are not pushing out the impression that they are interested in anyone else’s point of view. A few suspect that DBC membership is just being used as a platform for Keys next time round for some - so that is why a zero tolerance approach seems to be being taken over DBC criticism. Not sure that’s the case but it’s been suggested. But you’re right the staff are being let down (well at least those staff who aren’t actively bullying ratepayers into selling them property on the cheap) by people who simply see no point in listening to the people who actually fund Town Hall. 

I can understand a couple of bans. Some of the stuff has been weirdly personal. The obsession that some posters have with Frank is strange. 

I'm not a fan of him as a politician. But some of the posts were a bit weird.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FANDL said:

No very genuine and with attachments. Just as the interactions I’ve had with Mr Scales over his accusations of malpractice and potential house theft have been. It appears that not a lot of people like DBC. 

Sent to sender?