The Peggy

hissingsid

13 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

If the people of Castletown are so desperate to have Peggy back, maybe they should pay for it in their rates.

MNH haven’t got the money and as far as I’m aware they have no concrete plans as to where they’re going to get it. I doubt the government will cough up the whole £5mill or even a decent proportion of it. 

I wouldn't trust this government to not swing fast and loose with taxpayers money on this project. Absolutely correct, if the people of C/town want this so badly (which I doubt) then it should come out of the local rates.

• Like 1

I’m all for a bit of history and stuff but this is just bonkers. 
Id much prefer they’d budget that money to say the Queens Pier project and get that finished and up and running. Would love to be promenading along the pier one day, alas I’ll probably be dead before then, but the pier project would certainly get use unlike anyone wanting to see a clapped out old rowing boat. You see plenty of them at silverdale. 

• Like 4

It’s another example of a capital project going through when there are probably revenue expenditures even within MNH which might not even see the light of day cos it’s simply never going to be allowed. After this capital spend there will of course be a new revenue spend. 

Much as I disagree withDamian Ciapelli on most things he’s right to say things like the House of Mannanan would be a much better spend. It is tired and looks shite.

• Like 3