The Peggy

hissingsid

• 5 months later...

According to Gef (Manx Radio seems to ignore most things from MNH):

Manx National Heritage is hosting open days [...]to showcase proposals for the transformational redevelopment of the Nautical Museum in Castletown.

On display will be concept designs for the development of the existing site to create an accessible, all-weather heritage visitor attraction.

There will also be a digital 3D model walk-through of the Nautical Museum buildings, allowing visitors to experience a virtual tour of the design which incorporates extensive conservation works to bring the historic buildings back into a state of good repair, as well as re-purposing currently unused outbuildings.

The design will be on display at the Castletown Civic Centre on Tuesday July 11 from 10am to 7pm and Wednesday July 12 from 10am to 5pm, where images of the proposed designs will be on display and representatives of MNH and the design team will be on hand to discuss the regeneration project.

At least they seem to be displaying the stuff for a reasonable time, unlike the "2 hours when no one can make it" we used to get from DoI.

I've just been for a skeet. Nice pictures, concept video, no actual plans. I expect it to attract significant negative comment, even though they should definitely build it. Be interesting what heritage people think, seeing as its likely a conservation zone and the proposal is not in keeping at all. The people hosting were chatty. And probably bored. I live basically next door and didn't know it was on til I read it here. So you should pop along tomorrow and keep their spirits up.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 6:45 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Export it to Windermere to sit with its' sister ship where it can stay in the same museum.

http://peggy-of-castletown.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-sister-for-peggy.html?m=1

This. Don't waste £millions on this...that will 'attract' only 3 visitors a day on average.

Focus on real heritage here...the Vikings... and select Victoriana like the steam trains.

Electric trams and horse trams need to go.

Massive survey/debate on this needs to be done...and pick the best to support and dump the rest...just like the Victorians did. And put some of it out to charities and volunteers.

We can't afford it all.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Focus on real heritage here...the Vikings... and select Victoriana like the steam trains.

Yes real heritage but most forget what that is. Christians we’re here before the vikings and taught the vikings to be Christian. There’s a stone in the Manx museum that records this. Also 90% of Victorians were Christian. It is sad and a real loss how this real heritage is ignored.

47 minutes ago, Malik said:

Yes real heritage but most forget what that is. Christians we’re here before the vikings and taught the vikings to be Christian. There’s a stone in the Manx museum that records this. Also 90% of Victorians were Christian. It is sad and a real loss how this real heritage is ignored.

Some see religion as a curse and should be remembered as such.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Some see religion as a curse and should be remembered as such.

The owner/webmaster and his mates? Yes I can well believe that. I went on his Muslim forum this morning after he blocked me several months ago only to find the sub forum that compared religions taken down. I bet he even knows who the dodgy BBC presenter is before we get get to know.

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Wot, so few Kellys, Quilliams, Quines, Cubbons, kinrades, Cains etc?

23 minutes ago, Malik said:

The owner/webmaster and his mates? Yes I can well believe that. I went on his Muslim forum this morning after he blocked me several months ago only to find the sub forum that compared religions taken down. I bet he even knows who the dodgy BBC presenter is before we get get to know.

You really are clueless.