The Peggy

hissingsid

31 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Some see religion as a curse and should be remembered as such.

Held humans up 5000 yrs IMO.

Probably be on Mars and further out in the galaxy without it.

We spend most of our resources fighting each other over complete  bollox.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Probably be a bit kinder without relying on the divine self-righteousness given (assumed) by 'believers'. 

Edited by Gladys

36 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

The flood stopped humans 5000 years ago bar 8. The apocalypse will snare many next, I know my stuff.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I've just been for a skeet. Nice pictures, concept video, no actual plans. I expect it to attract significant negative comment, even though they should definitely build it. Be interesting what heritage people think, seeing as its likely a conservation zone and the proposal is not in keeping at all. The people hosting were chatty. And probably bored. I live basically next door and didn't know it was on til I read it here. So you should pop along tomorrow and keep their spirits up.

Will there be Earl Grey for visitors? 😚

• Haha 2

How much ?    That to me is the question not just the initial cost but the cost of running it.   We are skint  the population are in the main struggling and this spending on non essential projects ,desirable as they may be ,do not go down well with the public .     The Government are not reading the room.

• Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, ADELE said:

How much ?    That to me is the question not just the initial cost but the cost of running it.   We are skint  the population are in the main struggling and this spending on non essential projects ,desirable as they may be ,do not go down well with the public .     The Government are not reading the room.

Are they even in the room? 

• Like 2

Although the Govt do give money to MNH,  they MNH, also seek outside subsidy for some of their projects.

If as a proud independent Nation, at least for us Manxies, we wish to highlight those differences then some govt input is required? No matter that it is some hundreds of years since we were truly independent . we are now in a position to try to preserve that stance and it is not beyond the whit to expect some Govt money for this???

Now, whether Peggy deserves some of this money is debatable, personally, I'd say let it rot away, it's only an old boat, though it may play a part in our 'smuggling' heritage there is more to spend our money on, Laxey Wheel???? Manx language???

So, should we rely on a quango to decide where the money goes or 24 opinions for their own constituency???