Goodbye Saint Jacinda

The Phantom

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

Great contribution, well done!

To me the very obvious difference is that NZ had a charismatic leader who got the population behind her in her determination to make a difference for her electorate.

Conversely the UK had totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Bozo Johnson leading from the rear....

My keyboard finger was twitching to come back with chapter and verse, but we know that it's a futile endeavour, and others seem to have covered it amply.

Suffice to say:

UK: pushing 70m population concentrated in many towns and cities with the 2nd largest finance centre on the planet and constant intensive international travel in and out.

NZ: 5m population isolated in the South Western Pacific Ocean. Negligible international travel, one city over a million inhabitants and nothing else over 400,000. More akin to the Isle of Man than the UK and easy to control.

So it's a completely bogus comparison. And as stated, her star has fallen dramatically now. She was good at taking full credit for playing the favourable hand she was dealt. That's about it, but now the agenda has moved on and she's bailing before she's turfed out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, woolley said:

My keyboard finger was twitching to come back with chapter and verse, but we know that it's a futile endeavour, and others seem to have covered it amply.

Suffice to say:

UK: pushing 70m population concentrated in many towns and cities with the 2nd largest finance centre on the planet and constant intensive international travel in and out.

NZ: 5m population isolated in the South Western Pacific Ocean. Negligible international travel, one city over a million inhabitants and nothing else over 400,000. More akin to the Isle of Man than the UK and easy to control.

So it's a completely bogus comparison. And as stated, her star has fallen dramatically now. She was good at taking full credit for playing the favourable hand she was dealt. That's about it, but now the agenda has moved on and she's bailing before she's turfed out.

The fact remains that Jacinda Ardern took some very difficult decisions and Bozo Johnson avoided them at all costs.

As I posted earlier, NZ is very rural... 

And in this day and age "isolated" is a very relative term.

She did well dealing with covid, as the figures show. Why anyone would want to belittle her efforts strikes me as mean-spirited...

• Like 1