Westmoreland Village

0bserver

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

You can’t debate actual real things with a fantasist troll. You keep saying that you won’t be replying to any of my posts then you keep on replying to my posts as it’s clear that nobody else is interested in debating with a fantasist like you so you need the attention Fantasy Dave and keep on coming back after promising you won’t be replying again. It’s quite sad. Nobody can be bothered to reply to your made up bullshit so you then have to reduce yourself to trying to argue with someone you said you wouldn’t engage with because nobody else can be bothered engaging with the aggressive bullshit you post. Same as Jack Shite the bullshit hospitality expert and the bullshit Banker. The trio of forum experts who just make up bullshit to cause arguments with other posters. Very weird psychology. 

More aggressive abuse from the split personality 😂 cheers Ramsey boy , Brit , Sultan etc😀

• Like 1

Where’s the actual abuse bullshit boy? Nobody engages with Fantasy Dave at all and he’s now scraping the barrel to try to start arguments even with posters he claims he won’t engage with as it’s the only option he has. Even sensible poster Cissolt tried above, and added some helpful info on rumoured MDC funding agreements and all they got was a laughing emoji from Fantasy Dave for their efforts. Nobody wants to engage with a clear twat. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/developer-claims-it-would-be-challenging-to-adhere-to-affordable-housing-requirements/

63 car parking spaces are required, but Tevir Group thinks 57 will be ok - because it will make people get the bus, which is what the gov. wants.

I wonder if Allinson and Hooper get the bus to work.

To be fair to Tevir though it’s exactly what the MDC has done over Westmoreland Road. Only they didn’t bother to make up some bullshit story about it being a 15 minute cycling idiot village in order to justify there not being enough parking. I’d say you couldn’t live in PSM without a car as the nearby shops and amenities are … absolutely nothing and are you going to buy an £850K apartment and use the bus when you can perfectly well afford a nice car?  So the Tevir approach makes even less sense.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Tevir do not care about the parking. They will sell the flats, and the parking problem generated is not their problem. They are just making excuses for ignoring planning rules.

I think in the UK you can negotiate to make a payment in lieu of providing social housing on a development.  The idea is that the money is used to fund social housing elsewhere. Isn't that what Tevir are proposing? 

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think in the UK you can negotiate to make a payment in lieu of providing social housing on a development.  The idea is that the money is used to fund social housing elsewhere. Isn't that what Tevir are proposing?

The article shows that they are negotiating with the gov. to get a good deal, but social housing aside, they do not want to comply with the planning rules relating to adequate parking spaces.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

To be fair to Tevir though it’s exactly what the MDC has done over Westmoreland Road. Only they didn’t bother to make up some bullshit story about it being a 15 minute cycling idiot village in order to justify there not being enough parking. I’d say you couldn’t live in PSM without a car as the nearby shops and amenities are … absolutely nothing and are you going to buy an £850K apartment and use the bus when you can perfectly well afford a nice car?  So the Tevir approach makes even less sense.

It's still 1+ space per apartment isn't it? I'm sure many of the Dandara block of flats on prom (& maybe Quay West) had only one allocated space per flat and these seem to have worked well & remain desirable. 

Although Westmoreland (or brown bobby) are nowhere near 1 space per apartment but these are different 'target markets'.

4 hours ago, Two-lane said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/developer-claims-it-would-be-challenging-to-adhere-to-affordable-housing-requirements/

63 car parking spaces are required, but Tevir Group thinks 57 will be ok - because it will make people get the bus, which is what the gov. wants.

I wonder if Allinson and Hooper get the bus to work.

I think that in a place such as Port Erin, a development such as this would need adequate parking per unit, otherwise who would buy them?  

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Tevir do not care about the parking. They will sell the flats, and the parking problem generated is not their problem. They are just making excuses for ignoring planning rules.

They’re putting in 57 against requirements of 63 so not really much different , c1.5 spaces per flat. There’s always plenty of free parking at top of promenade opposite development.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Nurses Home seems to have had an expensive makeover of the boarding surrounding the site. Still nowhere near to being finished. DFE will be wanking themselves silly.

What’s it got to do with DFE?

Noticed MDC advertising for another project manager.  Hopefully a sign of more projects getting going.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...