Westmoreland Village

0bserver

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

An ok.  I thought that, but anyone with eyes could people coming and going over the last few weeks, with the name of the company written on their jackets, so I wondered if I had missed something more subtle.

I didn't think that at all. 

I haven't been in town recently as the state and decline of Douglas puts me off and I merely thought as you're the property development guru on here you'd be the person to ask.

• Haha 1

Just now, english zloty said:

MDC is like when rich parents set up the business, give you a load of cash and all your contacts, and you still fuck it up. But they give you more cash because, well, your their kid. 

Prove me wrong. 

Nobody is going to know for a few years are they?  Seems fair to at least give them a chance though rather than declare it a failure before they have even started or been given a chance.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Oh I think we already know. 

It’s doomed then.  Might as well not even bother to try and do anything positive

Lets call a halt to it, and the medical cannabis etc and everything else anyone ever tries to make positive change on this backward looking Little Rock.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s doomed then.  Might as well not even bother to try and do anything positive

Lets call a halt to it, and the medical cannabis etc and everything else anyone ever tries to make positive change on this backward looking Little Rock.

Think you’re missing the point. Everything that IOM government has anything to do with is doomed as the incompetents they appoint to oversee it are not up to the task and have no idea about budgets and working to them. Who sets the budgets is also a massive issue. This MDC is another Liverpool landing stage and will just hemorrhage money till it’s so far down the line it’s too late to stop. Watch !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Positive like pay for a full design of Park Road site before bothering to ask the landowner if they had any plans for the site? 

Positive like spend near £2.5 million on perfectly good property before gaining any support or approval even in principle to develop? 

Positive like scaffold a building for 12 months before even entering into it. 

Positive like spending £8.00 million on 37 small apartments?

Yeah. All for forward thinking like that

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 12/26/2023 at 11:47 AM, Roger Mexico said:

As the Manx Radio piece says, the figures are taken from Annual Accounts which are due to be laid before next month's Tynwald.  I'm not sure when they were placed on the Register of Business, though more looks to have been added since, so it was probably a week or so at least.  News organisation often hold back these sort of stories in reserve for what are always going to be quiet news days.

There's actually three lots of accounts:

Manx Development Corporation Limited - Directors’ Report and Audited Consolidated Financial Statements

Manx Development Corporation – WMV Limited

Manx Development Corporation – FNH Limited

At a wild guess WMV is Westminster Village and FNH is Former Nurses Home.

I've got other things to do today, so I leave you all the joy of rummaging through them.

Thanks Roger.  The whole thing stank even before any money changed hands.

Now we have them hoovering up properties, and seemingly paying market rate or above!  535,000 seems quite a lot for no 40, was it sold by the tough negotiating dentist?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, english zloty said:

Positive like pay for a full design of Park Road site before bothering to ask the landowner if they had any plans for the site? 

Positive like spend near £2.5 million on perfectly good property before gaining any support or approval even in principle to develop? 

Positive like scaffold a building for 12 months before even entering into it. 

Positive like spending £8.00 million on 37 small apartments?

Yeah. All for forward thinking like that

Not to forget MUA buying a property, knocking it down to then ask for planning permission, and be refused 

don’t worry though as we will have paid for that through increased electricity costs 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

And this is why it's Armslength MDC, so Government can absolve themselves of all responsibility for anything done when the next election comes round. Next it'll be the Airport then Hospital.... no FOI's, no accountability.

Maybe they could Armslength the Railways, Horse Trams and TT next.

To some extent the TT is arms length, especially when it suits IOMG. 

15 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

And this is why it's Armslength MDC, so Government can absolve themselves of all responsibility for anything done when the next election comes round. Next it'll be the Airport then Hospital.... no FOI's, no accountability.

Maybe they could Armslength the Railways, Horse Trams and TT next.

Well the review into heritage transport probably recommends selling it off to save taxpayers £m, most of this tyoe of transport are run by charities/volunteers or private companies, same with things like villa/gaiety , NSC, Ramsey swimming pool etc etc. however we will then have to pay market price to use plus opening hours to suit operators.

Edited by Banker

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Well the review into heritage transport probably recommends selling it off to save taxpayers £m

The DOI are wanting a "review" of this review's findings now, presumably because it doesn't suit their views.