Westmoreland Village

0bserver

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

What was said isn’t actually true the executed share holder agreement is online and clearly sets out the funding arrangement which is not as described in the post above. 

I take your point, I probably should have worded it better. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If it’s the same Andy Malone who owns the Nags Head it likely won’t go well. I wouldn’t mess with him. 

Don Corleone? Horses Head?

What will probably pan out is he will be offered alternative premises on an industrial estate - take it or leave it. Assistance provided to prevent further negative publicity. 

Edited by 2112

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

Good to see it going before planning soon. I had thought it would be stuck in an eternal public consultation.

It will be passed without any real objections, as it’s a major test of IOMG policy. Consultation will be disregarded.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Technically it is.

no it isn't. the old school might be, because it is unoccupied, for example, but not the entire site which includes active business and inhabited bungalows 

as so many others of stated Park Road is a no brainer, it has planning permission is true brownfield and owned entirely by one landowner. 2-3 years later there is a mixed use development. 

this site will end up going beyond appeal to a planning inquiry at my guess. and won't provide any housing in number for 4-5 years. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m massively in favour of our brownfield sites being developed by the MDC. This isn’t a brownfield site and this isn’t a site that fits in with their actual remit. I can imagine that if this goes ahead it would cost much less than £30M to complete easy. All for 130 resi units with no parking and 20,000 sq ft of commercial with no parking. 

You’re a typical Manx crab against anything new & always whining about Government, DBC etc but the sort who never says anything in public, never stands for office , never attended public meetings etc

This is a perfect brownfield development 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2