Westmoreland Village

0bserver

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is a good question. Who are the MDC's ground workers, brickies, joiners, roofers, plasterers, sparkys, plumbers etc? It's a big proposal, they'll need a lot of staff. Everyone is already busy anyway. Are they going to pay better wages and steal everyone from other sites? Import people? Just hand it off to Dandara? What?

They are a business looking to turn a profit.

They will use whatever mix of trades and firms they need to to get the work done at a decent price, to a decent standard and on time.

If people want to work for them they can, if they don’t then they will have to bring people in.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ativa said:

They are a business looking to turn a profit.

They will use whatever mix of trades and firms they need to to get the work done at a decent price, to a decent standard and on time.

If people want to work for them they can, if they don’t then they will have to bring people in.

This is a brilliant answer, you're so right, well done.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's mindblowingly stupid.

You are right.

The suggestion that they could get decent work at a decent price and on time without importing labour was stupid.

Hopefully they will just bring off island people in if we can get the work permits sacked off.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

It was sold by DHA about 4 years ago but can’t recall who to , was it Raj?

I've no idea, its why I asked about it in the first place. I have been told it will become an old peoples home, but I don't actually know. Anyway, after gizo said it was finally getting dropped I went and had a look while I was in Doulas earlier.

I was also told, years ago, that there was an underground section to that site which contained some pretty interesting things, but the days where I'd actually go and explore have sadly passed. When the old falcon brewery was about to be redeveloped I got in there, you should have seen the incredible brickwork underneath that. 

• Like 1