Westmoreland Village

0bserver

5 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Well at least the accounts will be publically available as it's owned by the government taxpayers. I assume we get a say in when to wind it up if it isn't performing?

Oh yeah, I forgot, "arms length" and "commercial sensitivity."

I was curious how this would be structures so had a look at the Registry.  The shareholder of the Manx Development Corp (MDC) is the Treasury Minister. 

There are actually 3 MDC companies, one which appears to be the holding company.  One called MDC WMV which I assume to be Westmoreland Village and another called MDC FNH.  Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I was curious how this would be structures so had a look at the Registry.  The shareholder of the Manx Development Corp (MDC) is the Treasury Minister. 

There are actually 3 MDC companies, one which appears to be the holding company.  One called MDC WMV which I assume to be Westmoreland Village and another called MDC FNH.  Any ideas?

FNH = Former Nurses Home

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Interesting point.  Although if you'd go by company law, you'd need something like 75% of the shareholders (taxpayers) to agree.  Although whether that would be 75% of all of us or those contributing 75% of the tax collected...  

I think you would have to go by the register of members.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:11 PM, TheTeapot said:

Flats Near Hell

The latest plans certainly look like that. It looks a bit like an open prison. But we are assured that it will be an open prison for cyclists only with 241 places to park your bike. That’s so many I wonder if they’re going to away a brand new bike with every lease signed. It’s the only way they’re going to create that many cyclists. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The latest plans certainly look like that. It looks a bit like an open prison. But we are assured that it will be an open prison for cyclists only with 241 places to park your bike. That’s so many I wonder if they’re going to away a brand new bike with every lease signed. It’s the only way they’re going to create that many cyclists. 

More like Soviet blocks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, forestboy said:

More like Soviet blocks. 

Well the Soviets were very keen on cyclists too what with the 15 year wait for a new Lada you had to use a bike in the meantime. So maybe you’re right there’s a definite Soviet air to the whole thing. 

7399B37F-1211-45D8-B4C8-5CF00E09208F.webp

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1

Just now, Gizo said:

Glasgow tenements spring to mind. 

How?

They aren’t even close to being the same thing.

There are hundreds of pages of documentation on the planning application.  I guess you have just looked at a picture of a building more than two floors tall and linked it to a tenement?

1 minute ago, Ativa said:

How?

They aren’t even close to being the same thing.

There are hundreds of pages of documentation on the planning application.  I guess you have just looked at a picture of a building more than two floors tall and linked it to a tenement?

You won’t convince the people like Offshore/Brit etc who hate anything government/DBC do