Westmoreland Village

0bserver

25 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Oh I hope not. It's reminiscent of Stalinist style blocks that you see dotted around former soviet union cities in eastern Europe.

Not at all! It was a lovely looking building... until they pebble dashed parts of it and stuck unsightly UPVC windows in.

25 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I'd rather see accommodation for key workers and people who work for the DHSC.

That’s the old nurses home & hopefully part of new development as well, should have been done 10 years ago.

Just need old prison site & various others developing 

Does MDC ( or Government for that matter ) own the whole site?

I know they own the Nurses Home, the old school, the old Jane, and I think they may  own the 1930’s detached and two pairs of semidetached on the corner of Westmoreland Road/Kensington Road ( they were built for Doctors at Nobles but I’ve a niggle going on that they got sold off ).

It includes James Caine’s, the warehouse behind, the car repair and tyre place behind that and 40 lock up garages.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Does MDC ( or Government for that matter ) own the whole site?

I know they own the Nurses Home, the old school, the old Jane, and I think they may  own the 1930’s detached and two pairs of semidetached on the corner of Westmoreland Road/Kensington Road ( they were built for Doctors at Nobles but I’ve a niggle going on that they got sold off ).

It includes James Caine’s, the warehouse behind, the car repair and tyre place behind that and 40 lock up garages.

Doesn't James Caine own the building/land they currently operate from?

17 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Doesn't James Caine own the building/land they currently operate from?

That’s why I asked if MDC owned the whole site. I thought JC owned their building.  I’ve no idea who owns the old Crosbie Cain & Kennish site, or the lockups. It’s a big chunk of the whole site, right in the centre

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I think its a fabulous idea and the architectural drawings look great. Need to develop offices outside the city centre for obvious reasons

Do we? There's a substantial amount of vacant square footage along Victoria Road and up to Little Switzerland e.g. https://www.blackgracecowley.com/property/millennium-house-summerhill-business-park-victoria-road-douglas/ - I think the big former RBSI office up there is still vacant too.. https://www.blackgracecowley.com/property/howard-pearson-house-victoria-road-douglas/. There's even more on Peel Road, former Government offices have just had to let signs go up along there. Plenty of office space available up in/near the Business Park / Cycle360.

I think they should focus on more residential development that's affordable. Would be great if this development got off the ground either way.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s why I asked if MDC owned the whole site. I thought JC owned their building.  I’ve no idea who owns the old Crosbie Cain & Kennish site, or the lockups. It’s a big chunk of the whole site, right in the centre

Keith Lord

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2