Westmoreland Village

0bserver

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Not exactly Mr Current Affairs are you?

Any chance of answering the question?

The developer has run out of money and stopped all works, but as far as I know the business is still active and there haven’t been any administrators assigned or an order to wind it up.

What do you expect government to do?

19 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Any chance of answering the question?

The developer has run out of money and stopped all works, but as far as I know the business is still active and there haven’t been any administrators assigned or an order to wind it up.

What do you expect government to do?

I suggested what should happen but you appear to stupid to understand...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Passing Time said:

I suggested what should happen but you appear to stupid to understand...

You want them to compulsory purchase a plot of land that nobody has legally done anything wrong with, and which has a half built lift shaft and some foundations?

On what grounds? For what price? To do what with?  Especially since the developer hasn’t done anything illegal and might well be back on site soon for all you know.

Edited by Ativa

23 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Ahem

Who is stupid when it comes to this again?

https://gef.im/2023/05/19/it-could-stay-this-way-forever/

Irrelevant anyway.  I reckon it will be underway again inside six months

Has the developer got money? I can’t see this development ever getting finished. There is more of a chance of the Liverpool Half Arsed Dock Terminal being finished and operational next March 2024, than this development getting completed. It’s an eyesore and IOMG are toothless as to what to do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Has the developer got money? I can’t see this development ever getting finished. There is more of a chance of the Liverpool Half Arsed Dock Terminal being finished and operational next March 2024, than this development getting completed. It’s an eyesore and IOMG are toothless as to what to do. 

I have said before, there is nothing gov can do and there shouldn’t be.  The GEF article explains why.  They haven’t done anything wrong.

If I had to take a bet on the new terminal being operational or Duke street site being active again first I would go Duke Street activity.  At which point the people wanting government to intervene on something they have no business intervening in will look pretty stupid.

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

I have said before, there is nothing gov can do and there shouldn’t be.  The GEF article explains why.  They haven’t done anything wrong.

If I had to take a bet on the new terminal being operational or Duke street site being active again first I would go Duke Street activity.  At which point the people wanting government to intervene on something they have no business intervening in will look pretty stupid.

'Being active' is moving the goalposts a fair bit. Very slim chance of Duke Street being occupied before the Liv terminal 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 9:20 PM, 2112 said:

All the plant was hastily removed off site which is generally an indication that people weren’t getting paid as the developer ran out of cash. But what can government do? The development was going on after covid had completely changed the financial climate and if the developer has no cash then the developer has no cash. What is the taxpayer supposed to do about that? You can’t pass a law that says that people can’t buy property and then go bust. 

Back on to WV, it seems the obvious answer to most of the noise makers is a big free public car park, with fuck all else. 

The idea is different but it’s not like they’re trying it miles from the town centre, shops, bus routes and major places of employment. People kind of know what they’re signing up to and that car parking will be at a premium, as ever it was round there.

1 hour ago, Moghrey Mie said:

What's the 'community pavilion' mentioned in the original piece about the Westmorland Village development? Has anybody seen it on the plans?

Glorified Community Centre/Scouts Hall/Voting Station. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Yeah to placate scout troop into moving from their site. I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine, we want 3,000,000 and we will bugger off and build our own. Then Arkala and Beerwolf  will quietly slip off to live the good life in Milton keane's.

Surely the 'community pavilion' will be used by more than one group. There are too many halls that are only used once a week by particular groups.