Westmoreland Village

0bserver

19 minutes ago, 2112 said:

To be fair the Westmorland Road and Demesne Road Development will probably end up in the hands of DBC who will probably manage the properties. It will probably end up another Corpy council estate, an extension of Hillside. 

decorated by Pitts & Co...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Banker said:

It’s a good development of brownfield sites & brings much needed housing in Douglas but lots of progress/DBC haters against it

They are not brown field sites, they have spent a lot of money to buy up these currently  trading premises. 

The old Park Road school is a brown field site ready to go no demolition required

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

They are not brown field sites, they have spent a lot of money to buy up these currently  trading premises. 

The old Park Road school is a brown field site ready to go no demolition required

A lot of it is brown field, some trading businesses in old properties & crookall house which is in need of demolition.

Park Road should also be redeveloped & Lord Street should be refurbished if possible in a JV as one bed flats 

26 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The plans for Park Road are really good.

People will object, it will take years to get through planning.

48 minutes ago, Alberttwatmunch said:

???

The last plans proposed was years ago, and wasn’t plans. It was a suggestion or proposal. Unless of course there are new detailed plans? 

12 hours ago, Alberttwatmunch said:

People object to anything especially if it’s near them , particularly DBC /government haters who don’t want to see improvements as they’ll have less to whine about!

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Did we ever find out the projected costs for the nurses home development and how much we are funding it versus private investment?

An additional 500k has been provided, but I cant find the initial amount 

Screenshot_2023-10-04-20-50-11-33_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

I think it's supposed to be around £6m. Last time I saw it 3 floors and most of one end of the building have been removed. I'm no expert but I would have thought this isn't part of the plan. Still not sure why the entire building has been scaffolded for over two years now. That makes no economic sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1