Gay Marriages

cheesemonster2005

Should Gay Marriage (IoM) Be Allowed?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I despise homosexuals. To me it is not intolerance. I am convinced that we are genetically attracted to the opposite sex for the purpose of successful breeding, no more no less. To me anything outside of that simply cannot justify it's existance. Sure you get all the usual lentil-eating do-gooders carping on about homophobia etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn but at the end of the day I don't like them in the same way that I find certain races smell a particular way that I don't like either!

Homosexuals fortunately add nothing to the gene pool and therefore do not move evolution forward. If they want the same legal rights as "married" couples then fine but I'm sure they don't need to go through sham ceremonies to obtain them. So why do they see it as important? As I am not homosexual I'm afraid I can't answer that one. There you go,

Why dont you delete that post and just put it down to a temporary character lapse. Im sure you realise you may have overstepped the mark.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
everyones entitled an opinion. even people who we might disagree with.

butterflymaiden, you cant just discount someones opinion, just because you might say its wrong. PK gave his opinion, and a case, supporting that opinion.

fair play.

What on earth makes you think I have discounted his opinion ? Have I said so ?

I will remember what he said.

I have pointed out he might, on reflection, consider he has overstepped the mark

everyones entitled an opinion. even people who we might disagree with.

butterflymaiden, you cant just discount someones opinion, just because you might say its wrong. PK gave his opinion, and a case, supporting that opinion.

fair play.

What on earth makes you think I have discounted his opinion ? Have I said so ?

I will remember what he said.

I have pointed out he might, on reflection, consider he has overstepped the mark

im not having a go.

im just pointing out that in your opinion, he overstepped the mark. in his, he prolly didnt.

thats all.

i thought it was a bit excessive meself, but hey, people quite often disagree with my views, so you know, im just kinda making sure that it doesnt turn into a "burn PK" thread. not to suggest you would..

christ, im waffling. ill stop now

im not having a go.

im just pointing out that in your opinion, he overstepped the mark. in his, he prolly didnt.

thats all.

i thought it was a bit excessive meself, but hey, people quite often disagree with my views, so  you know, im just kinda making sure that it doesnt turn into a "burn PK" thread. not to suggest you would..

Your not waffling ... and I wouldnt "burn" anyone on a forum.

im not having a go.

thats all.

i thought it was a bit excessive meself, but hey, people quite often disagree with my views, so  you know, im just kinda making sure that it doesnt turn into a "burn PK" thread. not to suggest you would..

thats not what i was saying. its just that some people do, and i dont know who those ones are.

you have my sincere apology if thats how it came across.

kiss and make up? :)

im not having a go.

thats all.

thats not what i was saying. its just that some people do, and i dont know who those ones are.

you have my sincere apology if thats how it came across.

kiss and make up? :)

no prob ... I didnt mean to come across bitchy either ..sometimes it does in text :rolleyes:

Education is very important.  I remember no mention of homosexuality in Manx schools which may explain the rather disgusting attitudes I have seen on the island including many people I know being abused on the street and in their place of work - even by kids!  For some reason a small minority seem to think that by teaching teenagers about these things we may somehow "encourage them to be gay" which just shows the lack of their own education.

Education is very important in matters such as this - but it's far too easy for parents to shrug off their own responsibilities and say that it ought to be taught in schools.

IMO it's up to parents to ensure that their children are informed about issues of this kind. I certainly have no wish to let my children be taught about sexual matters by a stranger who might very well have his/her own agenda on the subject. Therefore, I have always tried to ensure that my children were properly informed about such things before they were included in school lessons, and did my level best to ensure that such matters could be debated freely, and without embarrassment, in the home.

We already expect too much of teachers, simply because too many people can't be bothered to do their jobs as parents.

I despise homosexuals. To me it is not intolerance. I am convinced that we are genetically attracted to the opposite sex for the purpose of successful breeding, no more no less. To me anything outside of that simply cannot justify it's existance. Sure you get all the usual lentil-eating do-gooders carping on about homophobia etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn but at the end of the day I don't like them in the same way that I find certain races smell a particular way that I don't like either!

Homosexuals fortunately add nothing to the gene pool and therefore do not move evolution forward. If they want the same legal rights as "married" couples then fine but I'm sure they don't need to go through sham ceremonies to obtain them. So why do they see it as important? As I am not homosexual I'm afraid I can't answer that one. There you go,

"To me it is not intolerance" - explain that one after saying you despise them.

Most people don't just have sex to breed you know.

You are the perfect example of a small minority of Manx people stuck in the 19th century who are uncomfortable with their own sexuality to the extent that they can't tolerate anyone they consider to be different.

Your comments about people of different races are also despicable - are there any current laws on the island against racial descrimination and hatred. I would like to see P.K's comments passed onto the local authorities if possible...

Also are you therefore saying all marriages are sham or just homosexual ceremonies?

I would like to see P.K's comments passed onto the local authorities if possible...

I do hope this is sarcasm?

Tell you what. You go right ahead and walk into a police station in England (where PK lives) and tell them you wish to report someone called PK for posting nasty things on one of The Internets.

Tell you what. You go right ahead and walk into a police station in England (where PK lives) and tell them you wish to report someone called PK for posting nasty things on one of The Internets.

Maybe it's unrealistic but I hope that the moderators or Admin will remove his comment. You may think he's entitled to his comments but I don't think he is when he's spreading hatred without any evidence to back it up.

Maybe it's unrealistic but I hope that the moderators or Admin will remove his comment. You may think he's entitled to his comments but I don't think he is when he's spreading hatred without any evidence to back it up.

And perhaps you will consider an apology for attributing his comments to Manx narrow mindedness?

Unless someone complains about it, we rarely do anything. Pointless asking me anyway, I have him filtered out so I can't even see the post to do anything with it. I might rewrite my GM script to parse out quoted text too, that would be better.

Archived