Drag Acts in the Guild - official

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Will be in the front row for this and when the first artist takes to the stage in latex and lycra six inch heels, will the judges then decide the costume does not fit the criteria of family entertainment and bar them from performing. Sparking the debate they are having their performance stifled.  

Plus all those treasured family pictures from that time little 14 year old Jonny did that stint as “Alotta Cock” at the Guild and won a shield. Happy memories for the rest of his life. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

Yea, like we have dozens of drag acts on the island, let alone 13 year old ones. I've ever had the misfortune to witness two of them in action, and to be fair - compared to some of the UK professional ones, they were both (to use drag parlance) fucking shite.

My mates son is a local drag act, he's stunning and bloody good too. Guess it wasn't him you saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mollag said:

I cannot see the Sainted Geoff  {Guild God]} Corkish approving, his nickname at school was "The Vicar" quite staid and stuffy at a young age, other than that, a good classmate 😇

Oh well, never mind 😬

I think those of us who aren’t Guild regulars don’t realise just how important it is. It’s much more serious than life or death. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've no problem with Trannies, I don't see them as good, wholesome family entertainment though I'm afraid.

I don't think the Guild is the place for them to perform, but there again, I never go to the Guild?

I think that’s quite offensive, like chinky, spic, polak, etc.

I think you’re confusing people dressing in clothing normally worn by the opposite gender,  not because they’re Transgender, but because they like the clothes, and entertainers dressing in OTT exaggerated costumes to entertain.

Im sure you enjoyed the drag in panto?

As you don’t go to the guild, why comment?

It’s not compulsory to go to every class. Audience members have a choice.

I got dragged ( pun intended ) to the Guild by my sister to listen to my nephew compete in the recorder class. Years ago, still not recovered.

• Thanks 3