Drag Acts in the Guild - official

Manx Bean

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

What a pathetic retort. Probably too drunk to attempt any humour already by the sounds of it. 

Coming from the master of pathetic retorts, that's a compliment. Meanwhile, could I suggest that we dispense with the ad-hominem personal attacks and get back to the subject of the thread, which (as you can tell by the title) is "Drag Acts at the Guild" rather than "Offshoremanxman lashing out at others as usual because he's depressed and feeling especially inadequate today".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Yes, why don't you change your name to something more suitable too ? Like "pointless", "witless" or "dreary" ? Meanwhile, back at the thread...

Why don’t you fuck off. Your self-righteous troll like waffle is boring. Back to the thread..

Edited by Manx Bean

Just now, Manx Bean said:

Why don’t you fuck off. Your self-righteous troll like waffle is boring. Back to the thread..

Because it's a forum. I understand from your initial post that you feel threatened (or possibly excited) by the idea of a Drag Act, and opened it up to discussion with your insightful, perceptive "WTAF ?".  Part of that discussion is contrasting ideas that might not agree with you. If you don't get that that's how forums work, then a forum is probably not the place for you. Try just throwing some bricks through some windows or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

Picture this:

13 year old Drag Queen from QE2 School who entered the class under the name of Ophelia Cox..steps out delivers her opening line at the judges in true cutting drag queen style “Will you lot cheer up. You all look like you’ve just shat your pants”..

At which point there are audible sharp intakes of breath from the audience whilst 3 members of the Port St Mary Mothers Union Wednesday Club pass out with shock.

Meanwhile, someone has WhatsApp’d a photo to the Daily Mail news desk and within an hour Social Services have been called.

That said, there’s no such thing as bad PR..

Picture this, a bunch of people go to the Guild, watch the bits they're interested in, have a nice time, and then go home.

Truly terrifying stuff, obviously.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Picture this, a bunch of people go to the Guild, watch the bits they're interested in, have a nice time, and then go home.

Truly terrifying stuff, obviously.

I think I've bleated a lot on other threads about how there's an IOM viewpoint that everything dated has to be preserved, often for no apparent reason that makes any sense financially. I guess the Guild is moving on, recognising that it can't rely on elderly aunts looking for something to watch (other than snooker) to make up the bums on seats.

Have to admit I'm not a fan of RuPaul or the drag shows on TV, but they're big with da kidz, and attract sizeable audiences. It would be remiss not to accept that audience tastes are changing, and to capitalise on it, even if it makes your Aunt Marge clutch her pearls.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, Declan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64610724

Who on Earth protest someone reading a story to kids?

Well no one would. It’s a good thing.

But why do it whilst wearing a drag costume? Doesn’t make sense.

If you took your child  to Onchan park to have a  a go on the boating park., would you expect a male attendant calling “ come in number three your time is up” to be dressed in drag costume?

On 2/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, Declan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64610724

Who on Earth protest someone reading a story to kids?

I think the protests are more about this.

Please note, this is just something I read elsewhere.  I am not staying it is fact, but it was raised on another discussion I saw about why people have objections

Aida H. Dee - has previously stated that they were friends with another drag queen who was convicted of raping a child, and that he wears the rapists jewellery to some of these children’s events”

On 1/30/2023 at 1:44 PM, John Wright said:

Just as well I’m not moderating anymore. This tit for tat, turn of the screw, escalation of insults was on my suspend trigger list.

John

You’re coming across as a “when I”

Just let the current incumbents do what they see fit.

Don’t be  a Margaret Thatcher back seat drivers