Drag Acts in the Guild - official

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don’t think two genders constitute a smorgasbord? 🙂

OK maybe male, female and “don’t know” may make it three but I’m not convinced 

You may think that. I may think that. But I’m assured by many younger people that we’re gammons and bigots for thinking that. When the Calf is repurposed from birds to becoming a re-education gulag we’ll probably be in adjoining tents.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

You may think that. I may think that. But I’m assured by many younger people that we’re gammons and bigots for thinking that. When the Calf is repurposed from birds to becoming a re-education gulag we’ll probably be in adjoining tents.

Lots of people, many far older than you, by centuries, and even millennia, realised it wasn’t quite so clear cut.

There was a Roman emperor who promised untold riches for a surgeon who could give them a vagina. 

Even the Mesopotamians had a deity who could change men into women and vice versa.

But, what have the Romans, or Mesopotamians ever done for us?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Lots of people, many far older than you, by centuries, and even millennia, realised it wasn’t quite so clear cut.

There was a Roman emperor who promised untold riches for a surgeon who could give them a vagina. 

Even the Mesopotamians had a deity who could change men into women and vice versa.

But, what have the Romans, or Mesopotamians ever done for us?

Elagabalus? He also had his own religious cult, performed child sacrifices and was assassinated at the age of 18!

He isn't someone I would choose to back up my my argument.

Edited by Hoops
  • Haha 1

Picture this:

13 year old Drag Queen from QE2 School who entered the class under the name of Ophelia Cox..steps out delivers her opening line at the judges in true cutting drag queen style “Will you lot cheer up. You all look like you’ve just shat your pants”..

At which point there are audible sharp intakes of breath from the audience whilst 3 members of the Port St Mary Mothers Union Wednesday Club pass out with shock.

Meanwhile, someone has WhatsApp’d a photo to the Daily Mail news desk and within an hour Social Services have been called.

That said, there’s no such thing as bad PR..

Must be weird being unable to sleep because someone, somewhere in the world is doing something that offends your pseudo-Victorian values. Obviously not the ones relating to temperance or morals in general, just a very particular subset relating to fairly innocuous things that you yourself wouldn't choose to do, but which must somehow be prevented because... reasons

If only there was an option, like not buying a ticket or not going. Of all the atrocities going on in the world, the one that occupies attention (even from an MHK) is a few men and women in drag getting up on stage and singing a song. After all, the theatrical world has to this day remained a bastion of heterosexuality and it obviously needs to be protected. 

image.jpeg.79af3b6171d2da7e57a4b15077c5b718.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Must be weird being unable to sleep because someone, somewhere in the world is doing something that offends your pseudo-Victorian values. Obviously not the ones relating to temperance or morals in general, just a very particular subset relating to fairly innocuous things that you yourself wouldn't choose to do, but which must somehow be prevented because... reasons

If only there was an option, like not buying a ticket or not going. Of all the atrocities going on in the world, the one that occupies attention (even from an MHK) is a few men and women in drag getting up on stage and singing a song. After all, the theatrical world has to this day remained a bastion of heterosexuality and it obviously needs to be protected. 

image.jpeg.79af3b6171d2da7e57a4b15077c5b718.jpeg

From what I can see, it's not the fact that a few men and women may perform - it's the age that seems to be the issue

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

From what I can see, it's not the fact that a few men and women may perform - it's the age that seems to be the issue

Nah, there were more general objections to the whole class as if society was on the verge of collapse because bloke/woman wears dress/trousers to sing a jaunty song.

Age isn't an issue, they're not having sex on stage, they're singing a song in a costume, just like those sick weirdos do at the Gaiety Theatre.

Are you suggesting age restrictions to play Dick Whittington now ? Perhaps Pantomime dames have to stay under a maximum level of testosterone and are subject to random urine tests under threat of imprisonment ?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Nah, there were more general objections to the whole class as if society was on the verge of collapse because bloke/woman wears dress/trousers to sing a jaunty song.

Which thread are you reading. Is it on another forum, or is it perhaps running as an internal monologue inside your own head? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Which thread are you reading. Is it on another forum, or is it perhaps running as an internal monologue inside your own head? 

Even the monologue in my head after a cocktail of Temazepam and meths would be more entertaining than the dreary carnival of gloom that dribbles on to your keyboard when your tank of bile overflows.

Read the first couple of pages. Just general moaning about wokery, strippers and men in dresses - no mention of specific issues with age.

• Thanks 1