More allegedly naughty IOM lawyers

BriT

I think it's why all the AI chatbots turn into chauvinistic Nazis.  It's both amusing and sad at the same time. 

They just learn their chat from what they see generally spouted online, which unfortunately seems to be mostly venom.

One of my biggest concerns is when my daughter gets old enough to start properly interacting on the internet. 

• Like 3

I hope this young lady, or one of her more learned friends takes a close look at some of the posts on this thread. Obviously she can do nothing about the spiteful remarks about her appearance and her family, but there are some comments that may appear defamatory, I think, and it would be entertaining to see some of the hate-filled trolls get their day in court - and photos in the paper.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

I hope this young lady, or one of her more learned friends takes a close look at some of the posts on this thread. Obviously she can do nothing about the spiteful remarks about her appearance and her family, but there are some comments that may appear defamatory, I think, and it would be entertaining to see some of the hate-filled trolls get their day in court - and photos in the paper.

100 percent this.

It would be interesting to see what a good looking bunch all the vile posters are.

The whole thing again raised the question of if there should be any reporting of cases until someone is actually found guilty?  Personally I think there shouldn’t and that articles like the one originally posted are shameful clickbait.

I would be ashamed to be a journalist associated with it, or even to work for the company publishing them.

26 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

If anything is defamatory then you’d assume the moderators would have taken them down. Unless of course their entire focus is to just eradicate supposedly dangerous posts involving DBC.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If anything is defamatory then you’d assume the moderators would have taken them down. Unless of course their entire focus is to just eradicate supposedly dangerous posts involving DBC.

Why should the moderators protect idiots who make defamatory remarks, hopefully some will learn a lesson.

Your obsession with DBC is getting OTT & we note you still haven’t replied about headcount gate 😂

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why should the moderators protect idiots who make defamatory remarks, hopefully some will learn a lesson.

Your obsession with DBC is getting OTT & we note you still haven’t replied about headcount gate 😂

To protect the forum from being sued apparently. That’s what happened over the DBC allegations when they took a load of posts down to “protect the forum”. Good to see your ongoing interest in teachers and their remuneration 😂

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, forestboy said:

Another AG’s bad decision to prosecute.  

There's another aspect of decisions to prosecute mentioned in the article as well:

Before the trial, Aaron Underwood, 19, of Ridgeway Road, Onchan, was formally found not guilty of charges of being concerned in the supply of ketamine and cannabis after the prosecution said they would not be bringing evidence against him.

Again this is someone who has had the charges dropped before trial, but after a lot of hassle.  But the whole case is a bit odd because the drugs and money were originally seized in 2020, but the accused only brought before court in June 2022.

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Because if someone complains about a particular piece of forum content, it's the moderators' job to examine it and withdraw it if they think the complaint was justified.  Otherwise the forum also becomes jointly responsible for that content.  They can't leave someone out to dry, because they would be hanging the forum out as well.

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Because if someone complains about a particular piece of forum content, it's the moderators' job to examine it and withdraw it if they think the complaint was justified.  Otherwise the forum also becomes jointly responsible for that content.  They can't leave someone out to dry, because they would be hanging the forum out as well.

And where does the money come from for the forum to defend a claim?

36 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And where does the money come from for the forum to defend a claim?

To be fair, when Uncle Fucking Albert threatened to sue the forum owners there was a good rally round from members. And subsequently a good irl forum piss-up party that had been coincidentally organised.