More allegedly naughty IOM lawyers

BriT

6 minutes ago, AOR said:

To be fair, when Uncle Fucking Albert threatened to sue the forum owners there was a good rally round from members. And subsequently a good irl forum piss-up party that had been coincidentally organised.

Indeed, but not sure that many of the current members would be so willing to drop a bit in the hat. 

• Like 3

On 2/7/2023 at 2:55 PM, TheTeapot said:

Ooooooohhhh yeeeahhhh, lets ruin a young womans career and whole life for sending a fucking letter. Massive congratulations all round.

Jesus fucking christ.

I hate society.

I got a bunch of confused looks and some people telling me a crimes a crime and shes done one when I posted this, so well done everyone. You're all as stupid as the legal system.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 12:20 AM, offshoremanxman said:

It’s a lot of the non subscribers who generate grief and pay in literally nothing that potentially create a lot of the real liability issues. 

Is it?  Name some pseudo-names then.   I’m not aware, for example, that I’ve personally brought the forum to the brink of legal disaster - I’ve never even been banned (oops…too soon?).

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

An acquittal doesn't mean it was wrong to bring the prosecution.

Which is exactly why, prior to conviction, it is very wrong to plaster someone’s name all over the press and the internet.

Shameful, and should be banned.

A guilty verdict is plenty time enough for the sad press to go looking for their clicks and comments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ringy Rose said:

Nonsense. Criminal trials are a matter of public record.

Doesn’t mean they need to be used as click bait.

If a trial was relevant to you, you would already know it was taking place, and anyone sad enough to be interested in trials that don’t impact them can always go and sit in the public gallery or do their own searches of the court listings.

Reporting on a case where someone is not then found guilty is of no benefit to anyone other than the press, and can have very negative impacts on people lives.

• Thanks 1

Now we know this is Dr Bell the Dentist's daughter do more things fall into place?

Did Dr Bell not tell DHSC to do one, on an inspection of her private practice last year?

Is this another example of the "Manx Mafia" trying to take down a whole family if they don't toe the line?????

Discuss........................

If you want to do business as a SME you are better in Russia than the IOM is my personal opinion drawn from bitter experience on the rock and backed up with crap like this. 

Leave while you can...... Boat in the morning will not work with a broke gearbox. (And I already did) Its just fun poking you lot 🙂

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Reporting on a case where someone is not then found guilty is of no benefit to anyone other than the press, and can have very negative impacts on people lives.

The idea that justice should exist behind closed doors, only there if you go looking for it, isn't one that I'm very comfortable with.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

The idea that justice should exist behind closed doors, only there if you go looking for it, isn't one that I'm very comfortable with.

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Nonsense. Criminal trials are a matter of public record.

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Which is exactly why, prior to conviction, it is very wrong to plaster someone’s name all over the press and the internet.

Shameful, and should be banned.

A guilty verdict is plenty time enough for the sad press to go looking for their clicks and comments.

There’s a half way house. In Germany the full name,  or sufficient of a name to identify, cannot be published. They can use a forename or an initial. The trial can be reported using the initial or forename. Other countries only allow reporting after conviction. 

Does that make justice any less transparent and open? The courts are open, the public and press can attend and report, they aren’t held as star chamber, behind closed doors..

I don’t think that sort of regulation has undermined justice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Now we know this is Dr Bell the Dentist's daughter do more things fall into place?

Did Dr Bell not tell DHSC to do one, on an inspection of her private practice last year?

Is this another example of the "Manx Mafia" trying to take down a whole family if they don't toe the line?????

If you want to do business as a SME you are better in Russia than the IOM is my personal opinion drawn from bitter experience on the rock and backed up with crap like this. 

Leave while you can...... Boat in the morning will not work with a broke gearbox. (And I already did) Its just fun poking you lot 🙂

If you bothered to acquaint yourself with the published details of the alleged offence in this case, you would see it dates back to 2020, long before Mummy's troubles with DHSC. Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your tiresome whinge about the Isle of Man.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

For somebody with such a deep hatred for the IOM, you sure do bang on about it often enough. Why not avail yourself of the opportunity to fuck off and comment on where you actually live...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1