Where do you see the Isle of Man in 10 years

CallMeCurious

On 2/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, monasqueen said:

At least most of the birds living in, or visiting, the IOM are allowed to exist without being shot. 

In Malta, in the spring migration season, "if it flies, it dies". "AS SOON AS MIGRATORY BIRDS ARE SIGHTED ON THE ISLANDS OF MALTA AND GOZO, THEY’RE GREETED BY THE BARRELS OF UP TO 6,000 GUNS. FOR 20 DAYS IN APRIL".

There are supposed to be laws protecting most of the birds, but nobody takes any notice. And that's "just" birds (which could be "ours" if they're allowed to continue their flights north).

If you want more on the Mafia in Malta, read this https://theshiftnews.com/2023/01/02/malta-the-mafias-paradise/

Not so cynical, maybe?

And in the UK we don’t shoot wildlife do we?

On 2/19/2023 at 10:18 AM, P.K. said:

To put Malta and the brutal murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia in perspective hers was the sixth car bombing in less than two years and she was the fourth fatality.

The place is rotten to the core...

Ah , so on one gets shot , stabbed or killed anywhere else then. No criminal killings anywhere but Malta. Malta has crime , so does every other country in the world. So why pick on Malta?

On 2/18/2023 at 3:04 PM, Mysteron said:

Corruption is a cornerstone of Malta's economy, to such an extent that its economy is now virtually dependent on it.  Why would any other jurisdiction want to compete on that basis?    

That’s a bit of an exaggeration , it’s like any other western jurisdiction in that regard. So the UK is lily white? The Swiss financial sector ? I could do a long list of much dirtier places than Malta. 

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2023 at 3:04 AM, Anyone said:

Ah , so on one gets shot , stabbed or killed anywhere else then. No criminal killings anywhere but Malta. Malta has crime , so does every other country in the world. So why pick on Malta?

FFS read the thread...

On 2/20/2023 at 1:00 PM, Banker said:

Nope, no hope of that, still learning

On 2/20/2023 at 4:33 PM, display name said:

He does indeed,he moved off the Island and never shuts up about the place.  He'll be solving world peace next

Yes, I’ve still friends, relatives and interests back ‘home’. Always wanted and still want the best for the place.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:10 PM, woolley said:

He's something else. Goes on about the lack of funding over the years, but finishes with a flourish by laying the resulting shortcomings in the service at door of the outgoing chief constable. I have no doubt his former colleagues have a few interesting views on his blatherings.

Read it again. Gary has only been able to work with what he’s given by Government. The timing of the publication of shortcomings has been unfortunate for him, but a great leverage point for Russ Foster. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, HiVibes said:

You seem to forget the amazing super car event he ran, and the distillery that he also set up plus that successful wine curation busines that he ran and of course the legendary managing of his 13 year old daughters early career, those Japs don't normally go for little girls doing jiggy jiggy it was sheer entrepreneurial genius that won through.

Yep, the distillery didn't work out as planned. It became the hugely successful Victory Cafe rather than the highest Distillery in the British Islands. Sometimes, dems the breaks. I'm just pleased that it's happened for others like Outlier and Fynoderee whom I am a huge cheerleader for.

And the car gig - not quite as hoped due to a volte face from the DOI after we'd invested significantly. But I suppose the 50 cars/100 guests I'm bringing over in May is some consolation.

As for Bex - move on mate. Hugely successful in her field and recognised as an industry leader in her field. Regrettably, she couldn't achieve that back home.

Regards the letter- do tell me which bits you disagree with? Perhaps it's gone all rosy in the last 12 months and I've missed it on here?

Edited by Derek Flint