Where do you see the Isle of Man in 10 years

CallMeCurious

On 2/24/2023 at 2:32 PM, jackwhite said:

What water source were you going to use?

Did you actually have a distiller lined up? 

On 2/25/2023 at 1:18 PM, HiVibes said:

Imagine if you can, being a fairly serious business person, government official or politician meeting with a serving copper with no business credentials who talks in constant meaningless buzzwords partnered with a complete blithering 'marketing genius', who can't stop telling obvious porkies, that's good crack down the winebar, but was never going anywhere if it required others to buy in. 

Four years of solid research, much of it with the tutelage of major industry players. Money was there, but, as with many business initiatives, just didn’t get the final notes in the right order. 

Like I say, every day’s a school day, and I took a good education from it.

But hey, thanks for the feedback. Means a lot.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:48 PM, HiVibes said:

I don't make millions per annum, though I do know the difference between turnover and profit if you want me to give you some advice.

I am sure that cafe probably could have been a distillery, maybe a harder sell, but if the government had a credible business interested why would they have a problem?. 

Do you not? 

Just I thought you were a genius leading some business, thereby well positioned to offer views on how good other peoples plans would have been, how the business meetings went and such, even though you weren't there. 

I'm perfectly aware of the difference in profit and turnover, and probably more versed in the runnings of a distillery than you. Still I would rather have seen Derek or others succeed. No harm to the Victory Cafe, which looks a very nice venue too. 

Honestly it just seems you have an issue with Derek and are attacking his previous business plans for no reason.

So do I want your advice? No, I wouldn't hire an overweight personal trainer so why would I want someone who hasn't a clue about the inner workings of running a distillery to tell me anything? Or, quite fitting for tonight, perhaps it would be akin to Jake Paul telling Tyson Fury how to box.

Edited by jackwhite

On 2/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, jackwhite said:

Ffs give it a rest. 

You think many of our government officials would make good business leaders. 

also there a number of severely incompetent business leaders. 

At least Derek takes the time to answer the questions and continued side swipes of him, all under his own name and not a pseudonym like most of its (me included). 

If I’d have known about this at the time would have been happy to help if i could and it’s sad it didn’t transpire. 

I’m sure you’d have been a lot of help.

2 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Do you not? 

Just I thought you were a genius leading some business, thereby well positioned to offer views on how good other peoples plans would have been, how the business meetings went and such, even though you weren't there. 

I'm perfectly aware of the difference in profit and turnover, and probably more versed in the runnings of a distillery than you. Still I would rather have seen Derek or others succeed. No harm to the Victory Cafe, which looks a very nice venue too. 

Honestly it just seems you have an issue with Derek and are attacking his previous business plans for no reason.

So do I want your advice? No, I wouldn't hire an overweight personal trainer so why would I want someone who hasn't a clue about the inner workings of running a distillery to tell me anything? Or, quite fitting for tonight, perhaps it would be akin to Jake Paul telling Tyson Fury how to box.

I think you need to a tad less touchy. Hi vibes is just winding you up , although that’s not hard really. 

7 hours ago, Anyone said:

I’m sure you’d have been a lot of help.

I have been involved in starting up more than a few distilleries in the last few years and have money in them. I also have a lot of contacts in the UK, Ireland and USA in the industry so I'm pretty certain I might have been.

I'm sure you could have helped too Andy from your extensive time on the door at Sams.

7 hours ago, Anyone said:

I think you need to a tad less touchy. Hi vibes is just winding you up , although that’s not hard really. 

Are you one and the same person? Must be packed in that house in Argentina with all these split personalities? 🤣

Yeah they really seems like they're trolling when they are having a go at a business venture they have no idea about because they have an agenda against the person. Sad life to live and even sadder that you are supportive of them/yourself to support yours.

Bet the bigotry was ripping right out you yesterday. Never mind, Hearts will be due a win sometimes this century. 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:35 AM, jackwhite said:

I have been involved in starting up more than a few distilleries in the last few years and have money in them. I also have a lot of contacts in the UK, Ireland and USA in the industry so I'm pretty certain I might have been.

I'm sure you could have helped too Andy from your extensive time on the door at Sams.

Are you one and the same person? Must be packed in that house in Argentina with all these split personalities? 🤣

Yeah they really seems like they're trolling when they are having a go at a business venture they have no idea about because they have an agenda against the person. Sad life to live and even sadder that you are supportive of them/yourself to support yours.

Bet the bigotry was ripping right out you yesterday. Never mind, Hearts will be due a win sometimes this century. 

You do know of course that in Jockland Hearts are known as Hun Light ( there you go one of those awful words you hate ). Never supported them though despite what you may think. Gala Fairydean are my team. 

9 hours ago, Anyone said:

You do know of course that in Jockland Hearts are known as Hun Light ( there you go one of those awful words you hate ). Never supported them though despite what you may think. Gala Fairydean are my team. 

There's certainly an element of "fairy" in your posts.