Proposed Increase in Vehicle Duty

Major Rushen

If the DoI ignored an obvious road defect they would become legally liable for any consequence? Unrepaired pot holes spring to mind. The stretch from the motel to the \fairy bridge has an adverse camber and two driveways that regular drivers should be aware of, if an accident happens despite that awareness, surely that is down to the driver???

In other words, you can only blame the road surface/contour if you have NEVER driven that road before???

Who did they get to check the roads, Mr Magoo in a challenger  tank. And as for the other tripe he was saying straight from snake oil sales 101. They seen  Thomas coming a mile off, BBB as they say (bullshit baffles brains). You would of thought he could spot it, he talks enough of it. They really think fuck all of me and you when this is the tripe they try and feed us, remember this when election time comes round and he is on your doorstep.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I believe the reason for lack of repairs for the bit of road from the Santon motel to the fairy bridge is as a traffic calming measure, would not wish to turn the tight twisty bit into a race way would we. I say this in jest but knowing the DOI knobheads it will turn out to be true.

From the explanation I was given by their own engineers,it's lack of money,hence we were given a start and end date one week,and within two weeks had another visit explaining why it was cancelled.   It isn't just the road surface that needs doing,it's repairs to the railway bridge that was the main concern as it's sifting water through it's own structure,which obviously isn't a good thing.

On the plus side,they've painted some nice shiny new white lines

Ballaterson Road, big potholes, 4"/5 " deep, go past them and there is a newly patched pothole. Why? Why not repair all the obvious potholes?

The guys must have gone past the big potholes, carefully avoiding them to patch a pothole?

At least it was edged with pitch, well sort of half heartedly, wonder how long it will last?

If there is a good, logical  reason I would love to hear it.

19 minutes ago, WTF said:

dead weight is dead weight.

The electric bus nonsense is the reason why people begrudge increases in car tax and the like.  Half a million per bus and we have already been told they are not suitable for the island. 

At least Daphne is happy, but would she be happy if the 42 million climate budget was spent on buses and infrastructure?

The cost of living issues haven't affected the thought processes of our government 

• Like 3