Proposed Increase in Vehicle Duty

Major Rushen

25 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope this increase gets knocked back if everyone who is complaining contacts their MHKs it just might.   Come on back benchers a chance to get a few Browny points you all need some god only knows 😜.

Same with proposed increase in vehicle 🚗 road tax   

30 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope this increase gets knocked back if everyone who is complaining contacts their MHKs it just might.   Come on back benchers a chance to get a few Browny points you all need some god only knows 😜.

Does our lot have the discretion to refuse it?  I thought fuel duty was tied into the UK. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

The 12p a litre rise in fuel duty has been public knowledge since Jermey Hunt made his Autumn Statement last year. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-hunt-urged-stop-fuel-duty-increase-march-104025220.html

It's been baked into their figures since Hunt took on the job but because Jeremy Hunt is such a lying Hunt, he denies it at every turn.

They're just sly and won't publicly admit it. This will be the final nail in the Tory coffin at the next election.

12p a litre will do wonders for inflation as those costs are passed down the supply change and through the economy. It's compounded by the fact they made recent changes to who can use red diesel. 

Oh well, back to central heating oil..........(joke?)

28 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Does hydrogen production of any kind still use masses of electricity?

So still a polluter?

Yes it does. However if the electricity is excess renewablely sourced then theoretically it could be carbon zero.

Most hydrogen is actually produced by a method that uses fossil fuels to make it so that's a pointless exercise for a start.

Hydrogen can be produced by the hydrolysis of water. Its terribly inefficient. Less than 20% efficient. But like I say, if you were using spare electricity it's got potential. It wont get any more efficient because it's basically reversing a chemical reaction. The overall net energy of which is negative.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 2:03 PM, cissolt said:

The apnr camera is a man in a van with a Sony camera on a tripod.  He then manually goes through the video recording plate numbers.  Perhaps explains why we don't see it very often

That is bullshit.

Think it through for a moment, try standing at the side of the road writing down plates and cross reference them against a list of taxed or untaxed vehicles,

Only a ANPR app or programme can do that, us humans have not evolved enough to do that which is obvious by your post 🙂

9 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

That is bullshit.

Think it through for a moment, try standing at the side of the road writing down plates and cross reference them against a list of taxed or untaxed vehicles,

Only a ANPR app or programme can do that, us humans have not evolved enough to do that which is obvious by your post 🙂

They film the cars with a Samsung Galaxy device, which produces an awful quality image judging by the letter I received, than manually review all reg plates.  As per the foi from the doi...

Screenshot_2023-02-12-14-25-21-33_45fb746795678a1ded33faef3c58e9c7.thumb.jpg.428d781af26ac7f64457e17381f42b28.jpg

7 minutes ago, cissolt said:

They film the cars with a Samsung Galaxy device, which produces an awful quality image judging by the letter I received, than manually review all reg plates.  As per the foi from the doi...

Screenshot_2023-02-12-14-25-21-33_45fb746795678a1ded33faef3c58e9c7.thumb.jpg.428d781af26ac7f64457e17381f42b28.jpg

Manually verified means, in this case.

The REG PLATES THE  APNR COMPUTER PROGRAMME flags up as either out of tax, wanted by police or do not exist and are then looked at by a human to confirm.

FFS.

As I said, think about what you think happens, its not possible...........

What you are saying may well be recorded on a Super 8 camera from the 70s.

Edited by Blade Runner

4 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Manually verified means, in this case.

The REG PLATES THE  APNR COMPUTER PROGRAMME flags up as either out of tax, wanted by police or do not exist and are then looked at by a human to confirm.

FFS.

As I said, think about what you think happens, its not possible...........

What you are saying may well be recorded on a Super 8 camera from the 70s.

I'm also 99% sure it's not an ANPR device as it's one of these on a little tripod!

images (30).jpeg

15 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'm also 99% sure it's not an ANPR device as it's one of these on a little tripod!

images (30).jpeg

It may be, but its digital, it does not matter what captures the image if digital, its the programme that processes the captured images that is important.

Size does not matter mate   🙂

Edited by Blade Runner

Last post on this.

Think about all the stories about China doing face recognition on their own people.

They are using just normal looking CCTV to do this, its the same with ANPR. 

As long as the image captured is digital AND to a decent resolution, its the software that does the clever stuff.

Not some Gov Bod in a dark room FFS.

They may only check the ANPR programme findings, NOT the whole recording