New minister at D f E

Moghrey Mie

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Manifestos are the best of intentions. But in the IOM they're impossible and I doubt most voters even read the damn thing.

Hooped, LibVan should mean no CoMin, he did it anyway.

I don't know much about Tim but we need credible people steering these important departments. Fuck the manifesto, if he comes up with the goods. Not sure why people feel the need to raise it as an issue right now. Save it for if he makes a mess.

Normally but this was a specific commitment he chose to make that was in his power to deliver.  It's not "free ice cream for everyone if we can afford it". 

"Ahh but the strength of the Manx system is you vote for an Independent based on the quality of person's character and ability" the establishment say. But if even personal commitments in manifestos are ignored you cannot trust any one who stands as an independent.

How do you vote against the Manx Government if -

• you only find out who's leading it, who's in it and what it's policies are after the election
  • and people who say they're not going to be part of it -join it.

The ability to vote against the government is fundamental to democracy. But we've basically had the same one since the 80's and because they're all corrupt independents out for themselves we can't even cast  a losing vote against them.

• Like 6

A Farmer, who has their whole life has benefited from "free money" - AKA farming "Grants" and Subsidies" is not the right person to put in that department.

Remember the Department  "For Enterprise" should mean private sector but from what I see has happened with it over the last 5-6 years now looks like gov taking over private sector enterprises and running them badly.

You lot are really royally Fuc*ed.............

A farmer in charge of developing private enterprise... 🙂 You could not make that sh1t up.......................

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

A Farmer, who has their whole life has benefited from "free money" - AKA farming "Grants" and Subsidies" is not the right person to put in that department.

Remember the Department  "For Enterprise" should mean private sector but from what I see has happened with it over the last 5-6 years now looks like gov taking over private sector enterprises and running them badly.

A farmer in charge of developing private enterprise... 🙂 You could not make that sh1t up.......................

Blade Runner for minister for  fun and tourism!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billy the Kid said:

When canvassing for the constituency he specifically told me he would not accept any ministerial position as he would be serving his constituents by holding the Government to Account!

He was the only candidate who verbally lied to me though….. as he was the only one we saw on our door step.

You should have known. The people that aspire to be mhks have a  naive, but definate political ambition. Why else would they do it? The true colours are out. I dont blame him for it. It would have been better if he was just plain honest.

PS he wont last. He's a nice enough chap and I think he will want to make a success of it. Is he tough enough? That is the question. ImO no he wont. 

• Like 1

Well someone had to do the Job , he has been a department  member   for some time and aware of what the job entails ,after listening to Hooper trying to be sarcastic and clever at question time this morning ,  if he is like this when speaking to potential investors and captains of industry   then a lot of damage has been done    , Tim has much more business acumen  and personality about him , 

regarding breaking his election promise  and not taking a ministerial job , then maybe he is one of the few in there who really understands how badly the island and its economy  is performing  and is prepared to take on the responsibility  for trying to do something  about it rather than bombarding everyone with silly meaningless  questions all the time or resorting to social media  , lets give the boy a chance !  not many others in there  give me confidence , or capable  of moving the island and its economy forward ,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

A slight upgrade on Ann Corlett being in charge of digital and having no presence on the internet.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Declan said:

I've no idea, he might be suitable I don't think I've heard him speak on anything; my criticism was on him breaking a clear commitment in his manifesto. Cannon probably had a bit of hobson's choice - I'd probably scrap Home Affairs and manage with one less minister, but that would cause issues for the CM in maintaining a majority.

Commitment with the breaking strain of a KitKat.

A politicans word is a weak foundation to build upon.

Watch what they do; Not what they say they will do.