Up to 30 megawatts of renewable energy by 2026

Moghrey Mie

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I'll hold my breath too.

I imagine it'll cause some issue with Crogga raising finance too?

I doubt there will be any problem raising the money, rather the climate change deniers and NIMBYs. Lots of windfarms round here, site them well and they really blend in.

Side note: should be testing my 16 x 400 watt solar panels tomorrow.

This was discussed on Mannin Line today and apparently it is not as good as it sounds regarding onshore wind farms.    They only produce energy when there is wind….obviously and it is only windy enough to make the turbines work one day in every seven so we are talking a much lower figure than quoted.    The noise coming from one is about the same as a chain saw.    Solar panels need replacing every 15 years.   The countries who are prominent in their use of natural power Denmark and Germany were mentioned currently have the most expensive electricity.    Now I am just throwing these so called facts into the ring they are not my ideas but before we all go goody, goody all are energy problems are solved they are worth a thought.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Can't wait for planning permission for onshore wind. The objections will be coming from every nimby 

You beat me to it. I am sure that will put an end to it for sure.

It was interesting in Laxey where environmental benefits were soon sold down the river when the nimbies managed to get the sewage works moved to errr....the top of a hill......meaning .....errr...lots of pumping and errrr......in someone else's back yard!

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

This was discussed on Mannin Line today and apparently it is not as good as it sounds regarding onshore wind farms.    They only produce energy when there is wind….obviously and it is only windy enough to make the turbines work one day in every seven so we are talking a much lower figure than quoted.    The noise coming from one is about the same as a chain saw.    Solar panels need replacing every 15 years.   The countries who are prominent in their use of natural power Denmark and Germany were mentioned currently have the most expensive electricity.    Now I am just throwing these so called facts into the ring they are not my ideas but before we all go goody, goody all are energy problems are solved they are worth a thought.  

That is possibly the biggest pile of bollocks ever spouted. Where did that nonsense come from

Here is the last years profile for the UK

image.png.3123ea4bf27a35e2e96eb338c3d9323b.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1