Sturgeon Gone

fatshaft

Out of the blue, though in fairness to her a very good and self-aware speech pinpointing a lot of the reasons why the time was right, though managing to avoid her lack of effort towards and advancement of the independence issue, and her ultimate downfall, not listening to anyone on the GRR / GRA bill

She will be seen as a failure by Scottish indepenistas

I don't think she will.

If you mean in overall terms then whole party is a failure, as that's their raison d'etre. However it can't be as myopic as that.

You're also a bit of a failure yourself in this instance as it's being talked about in the Scottish Independence thread in the right sub-section of International News! 😅

34 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I don't think she will.

If you mean in overall terms then whole party is a failure, as that's their raison d'etre. However it can't be as myopic as that.

You're also a bit of a failure yourself in this instance as it's being talked about in the Scottish Independence thread in the right sub-section of International News! 😅

As independence hasn't even been on her radar, probably best this has a topic to itself. 

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

Don't think that will stop them.

I think it's bizarre the hatred she gathers. 

That said, if she has been guilty of financial misdemeanors then she deserves what she gets. 

she has run Scotland into the gutter all in the quest for independence and never takes responsibility for anything, everything is the fault of Westminster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

she has run Scotland into the gutter all in the quest for independence and never takes responsibility for anything, everything is the fault of Westminster. 

Can't agree she's run it into the gutter. There are issues, absolutely there are. She and the SNP are responsible for some of these, yes. I still believe Scotland are in a  better position now than when she came to power.

She's made a lot of mistakes recently. 

Schools are a bit of a mess, from what I understand. I know first hand of the uproar in the hospitality industry over the deposit return scheme. There are many others. 

That said people have openly hated (calling a spade a spade) her for a long time, and before some of these problems arose. 

21 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Can't agree she's run it into the gutter. There are issues, absolutely there are. She and the SNP are responsible for some of these, yes. I still believe Scotland are in a  better position now than when she came to power.

She's made a lot of mistakes recently. 

Schools are a bit of a mess, from what I understand. I know first hand of the uproar in the hospitality industry over the deposit return scheme. There are many others. 

That said people have openly hated (calling a spade a spade) her for a long time, and before some of these problems arose. 

I think a lot of it was down to her obsession with Independence above everything else. Her own constituency is a bi of a shit hole, there's issues with the gender bill that SNP tried to get through