35 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

If PC Plod cannot control themselves in the heat of the moment (i.e. stamping on the head of a restrained person or holding the trigger down for 35 seconds rather than the prescribed 3 seconds on a taser) because of "adrenaline" then they have place being a police person. 

That is a thug with a badge.  That is how you end up with "warrior mentality" policing like is the state in the US.

Unfortunately, he wasn't the PC Plod type of police officer. PC Plod would be more measured but probably shouldn't be called to the scene of a violent attack. We have seen lots of PC Plods running from the scene of unrest on several occasions over the past few years, most recently in Leeds. It's a fact of life that aggressive force is sometimes needed and it's becoming more evident that a lot of the force are not up to dealing with a certain group who disrespect the rule of law in this country. I wonder how they would have been dealt with in Pakistan?   

The lad who took the kicking apparently has a cyst on his brain. Whether it's down to the boot going in isn't clear.

The police have claimed the officers reacted as they did because there was possibility that in the melee, the officers could've been relieved of their personal weapons by the other party and used against them. Cops were primed for trouble because of the alleged threats and assaults in a separate incident earlier involving the same men.

The boot in the face was overkill, whatever happens, that copper needs to be gone.

And what of the other cop, in the background, it looks like he clubbed the guy lying at his feet, also handcuffed, with butt of his taser. Not much being said of that. 

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

The police. 

Well that's your opinion which you're entitled to. 

I mean I don't respect you or what you think but you're entitled to your opinion 

Edited by thommo2010

3 hours ago, quilp said:

The lad who took the kicking apparently has a cyst on his brain. Whether it's down to the boot going in isn't clear.

The police have claimed the officers reacted as they did because there was possibility that in the melee, the officers could've been relieved of their personal weapons by the other party and used against them. Cops were primed for trouble because of the alleged threats and assaults in a separate incident earlier involving the same men.

The boot in the face was overkill, whatever happens, that copper needs to be gone.

And what of the other cop, in the background, it looks like he clubbed the guy lying at his feet, also handcuffed, with butt of his taser. Not much being said of that. 

Don't fight with the police, break one of their noses and put 2 of them in hospital then the rest doesn't happen does it? 

Funny how everyone is quick to defend the scum who started it. 

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well that's your opinion which you're entitled to. 

I mean I don't respect you or what you think but you're entitled to your opinion 

Yeah, actually I misread your post and hadn't read PK's post that you were responding to. I thought you were referring to the airport miscreants not some other protesters who had gathered elsewhere. Sorry about that, I withdraw my institutional racism barb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Don't fight with the police, break one of their noses and put 2 of them in hospital then the rest doesn't happen does it? 

Funny how everyone is quick to defend the scum who started it. 

I'm not defending scum. I'm expressing the opinion that the kick in the face, the stomp, knee-drop and punches, etc., was overkill and unnecessary, considering the "scum" was already detained and cuffed, to boot (pun intended).

Just my opinion. And as we have witnessed in Rocbdale last night, it has done nothing to help public relations.

The ACAB's on all sides will be loving it... 

Just now, quilp said:

I'm not defending scum. I'm expressing the opinion that the kick in the face, the stomp, knee-drop and punches, etc., was overkill and unnecessary, considering the "scum" was already detained and cuffed, to boot (pun intended).

Just my opinion. And as we have witnessed in Rocbdale last night, it has done nothing to help public relations.

The ACAB's on all sides will be loving it... 

None of them were cuffed at the time of anything you've said. 

14 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

None of them were cuffed at the time of anything you've said. 

Ok, if that's so then my mistake. As I said, it is my opinion that the level of force used by that officer appeared to be way over the top and unnecessary. Tell me otherwise? 

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ok, if that's so then my mistake. As I said, it is my opinion that the level of force used by that officer appeared to be way over the top and unnecessary. Tell me otherwise? 

Have you ever been in a situation like that? If not then your opinion is largely irrelevant 

• Like 1