10 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Have you ever been in a situation like that? If not then your opinion is largely irrelevant 

Have you?  Care to relish us with your years of police training and experience, especially your years in restraint training and rules of engagement and practical application of the law?

Interesting that the police's defence was "he was carrying a gun and couldn't risk losing it". Seems like they're suggesting being a firearms officer grants you permission to be a complete cunt just in case. If he can't control himself maybe we shouldn't be giving him firearms.

• Like 1

You would expect police weapons to be on lanyards. Especially handguns in case you drop the bloody thing!

I see 30p is being roundly condemned for his brainless comments. That nice Andy Burnham:

"I just find those kind of statements irresponsible from people who have been elected to Parliament, because when you are in a leadership position, I think you have to consider things more carefully and in the round."

He said repeating "snap judgments" resulted in "a very polarised society", adding: "An elected representative shouldn't be doing that."

Mr Burnham said he had seen more footage of events leading up to the incident, which he said showed it was "not a clear-cut situation" and there were "issues for both sides".

He said there was an issue on a flight landing at the airport and an "altercation" in the arrivals hall, which escalated "very quickly".

He added that it was right the officer involved had been suspended and the matter referred to the police watchdog.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

You would expect police weapons to be on lanyards. Especially handguns in case you drop the bloody thing!

I see 30p is being roundly condemned for his brainless comments. That nice Andy Burnham:

"I just find those kind of statements irresponsible from people who have been elected to Parliament, because when you are in a leadership position, I think you have to consider things more carefully and in the round."

He said repeating "snap judgments" resulted in "a very polarised society", adding: "An elected representative shouldn't be doing that."

Mr Burnham said he had seen more footage of events leading up to the incident, which he said showed it was "not a clear-cut situation" and there were "issues for both sides".

He said there was an issue on a flight landing at the airport and an "altercation" in the arrivals hall, which escalated "very quickly".

He added that it was right the officer involved had been suspended and the matter referred to the police watchdog.

So the fact Burnham hasn't come out condemning the police officer and calling GMP racist which seems to be the go to thing these days would suggest the 'victims' aren't as innocent as being suggested.

I see their ambulance chasing lawyer has been on the news saying the guy kicked has discovered he has a cyst on his brain.

3 hours ago, quilp said:

thommo..?

😏

I'm far from gung ho and again you have no idea what my profession is as I've never actually said what it is people like you just make assumptions and assume you're correct

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm far from gung ho and again you have no idea what my profession is as I've never actually said what it is people like you just make assumptions and assume you're correct

To be clear I was talking about the policeman in the incident, not you.

That was quilp assumption about my post.

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You don't get to kick restrained people in the head no matter what they're guilty of.

Odd though that some members of the public have been hailed as heroes when they have helped restrain terrorists with knives...doing just that and saving other lives.

If you're an armed officer faced with violence at an airport, injured by people and hurting, don't know what their true motivation might be...it's (to some degree) an understandable human reaction or overreaction.

I hope they come down very hard on the lot of them...no one should be screwing with armed police at an airport. The perpetrators should all get jail time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

You don't get to kick restrained people in the head no matter what they're guilty of.

He definitely went over the top. If that guy was the one who broke the WPCs nose, he probably deserved it, but the police are not there to mete out punishment. I certainly couldn't do that job, I'd find it difficult to restrain myself if attacked.

• Like 1