Thommo, can't you get the policeman shouldn't have kicked the "scum animal", as you oh so graceful describe him, in the head. 

That isn't defending the "scum animal's" behaviour. It is a simple moral truth. 

We may understand and explain the policeman's action but that doesn't change the basic fact he shouldn't have done it. 

Obviously the "scum animal" also shouldn't have started it in the first place. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

No doubt HeliX will still be defending the scum animals

https://youtu.be/eUJ7RQ3bgiA?si=A14C3r1_4-AVS1Du

Tasered to the floor and then kicked in the head while incapacitated by 1500 volts. You can tell they're completely out of it because like when someone faints they made no effort to break their fall hence the position of the arms.

Totally unnecessary gratuitous violence meted out by someone who should know better. Not the sort I want in my police force thanks very much...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone who punches a woman in the face, let alone a police woman, is the proverbial scum, scum, scum. And more scum.

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Anyone who punches a woman in the face, let alone a police woman, is the proverbial scum, scum, scum. And more scum.

Like @HeliX I don't see many arguments to the contrary. It's not an either/or thing, though. If "anyone who punches a woman in the face is scum" (and I tend to agree with you, although I wouldn't necessarily limit it to a woman) then so too is anyone who kicks a prone and near-unconscious person in the face and stamps on their head. I'm sure the law won't discriminate, and will be applied fairly to both in due course taking into account any mitigating factors.

What disturbed me most when this story first began to break, before I'd even seen the videos, was the immediate justification from GMP to the effect that officers were concerned that their guns might be taken from them in a fight and used against them. It struck me then as a fairly specious, if not pre-prepared argument, and its implication was that if any actual trouble ever broke out then armed officers would be perfectly entitled to shoot as a preventative measure. I'm not sure flat-track bullies with that mindset should be sauntering around airports cradling automatic weapons.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 7:29 PM, TheTeapot said:

Reasonable force is making someone lie down on their belly.

Kicking them in the head when they are there is not.

Having watched the latest footage, and all kinds of clips really, I'm sticking with my assessment from the other day. Should probably add that the reasonable force required to make someone lie down on their belly can be really quite a lot and that's ok.

I'm still very uncertain about whether the policeman stamped on assailant's head. He stamped very close to it but it isn't clear to me that he stamped on it. 

Something is happening with the taser wires. 

Am I alone thinking this? I noticed the BBC removed references to stamping after initially using the word. 

This doesn't reduce the wrongness of the kick. 

It annoys me that the full scene hasn't shown. Stopping the edit where it did leaves out the stamping. Why?

3 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

I'm still very uncertain about whether the policeman stamped on assailant's head. He stamped very close to it but it isn't clear to me that he stamped on it. 

Am I alone thinking this? I noticed the BBC removed references to stamping after initially using the word. 

It annoys me that the full scene hasn't shown. Stopping the edit where it did leaves out the stamping. Why?

It might not have cleanly connected, but it was undoubtably vicious. It's probably the worst bit for the officers potential defence, it shows some serious bad intent.

Edited by TheTeapot

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:
On 7/26/2024 at 7:29 PM, TheTeapot said:

Reasonable force is making someone lie down on their belly.

Kicking them in the head when they are there is not.

Having watched the latest footage, and all kinds of clips really, I'm sticking with my assessment from the other day. Should probably add that the reasonable force required to make someone lie down on their belly can be really quite a lot and that's ok.

I am not defending the kicking but the only reason the assailant was lying down was because of the tasering.

As soon as it is switched off he isn't compliant and he wasn't lying down voluntarily. 

Once the taser is switched off some more reasonable force is going to be needed to restrain him. 

Agreed, kicking him in the head isn't reasonable force. 

12 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

I'm not sure "tried to stamp on his head and missed" is much better?

Anyway this edit doesn't leave out the intended stamp:

Both HeliX and Teapot are basically saying the stamping was attempted with malice. 

I'm not sure. There is a possibility he was deliberately stamping on the taser lines. The fact that moments before he might well have had some of the Taser's volts earthing through him as he was being grappled by the tasered assailant may give an explanation why he wanted to get those lines clear.