51 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Yes Teapot we all agree he deliberately kicked the guy in the head. Totally wrong. 

It is interesting, but without spending a couple of hours freeze framing and drawing ellipses around things I'm not sure. 

I don't see much sign of movement of the head. He stamps down, slides his foot to the right slightly, lifts up and brings it back down again.

I don't think it impacted and will definitely say it is very uncertain. 

The slide to the right is the main thing that causes me doubt. 

Though what is equally fascinating is I think the "mother" was moving to protect the assailant. There is a reasonable case to be made that her actions did stop the stamp. 

I think there would be a lot of swelling and bruising if there had been serious contact, pictures of him don't show anything at all? 

If anyone lost control, it was the guy in blue, he showed exactly how dangerous he is. Police officers have a right to go home to their families after work, not fall prey to madmen! 

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think there would be a lot of swelling and bruising if there had been serious contact, pictures of him don't show anything at all? 

If anyone lost control, it was the guy in blue, he showed exactly how dangerous he is. Police officers have a right to go home to their families after work, not fall prey to madmen! 

Apparently he bruised on the inside...cyst on the brain wasn't it? 

15 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Apparently he bruised on the inside...cyst on the brain wasn't it? 

Apparently, but you would expect there to be some outward signs of coming into contact with a coppers boot? 

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Having seen the lead up I agree that the guy in blue seriously assaulted the officers for whatever.

I still disagree that the officer should then have kicked him in the head.  At that point the guy in blue was under control having just been tasered.  The lines were clearly still attached when the officer kicks him in the head.

It looks like revenge or anger which whilst understandable is not appropriate in an armed Police Officer.

At least the officer decided against using his gun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

Regardless of anything else that may happen, as Sheldon rightfully pointed out the guy is clearly not fit to be walking around with a gun.

But armed police don't fuck about, they can't afford to, because of the risks of losing their guns. It's why French police stand off, but then go in really hard. Ours tend to get 'hands on' quicker. I would argue having physically weak armed coppers is where the risk lies, and is one of the reasons this situation escalated so badly

Edited by hoopsaa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hoopsaa said:

But armed police don't fuck about, they can't afford to, because of the risks of losing their guns. It's why French police stand off, but then go in really hard. Ours tend to get 'hands on' quicker. I would argue having physically weak armed coppers is where the risk lies, and is one of the reasons this situation escalated so badly

Not a word of that provides a necessity for kicking a guy who's lying face down and being tazed in the head.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Having seen the lead up I agree that the guy in blue seriously assaulted the officers for whatever.

I still disagree that the officer should then have kicked him in the head.  At that point the guy in blue was under control having just been tasered.  The lines were clearly still attached when the officer kicks him in the head.

It looks like revenge or anger which whilst understandable is not appropriate in an armed Police Officer.

At least the officer decided against using his gun.

Totally anger and revenge, as he was also assaulted by the same guy. I'd have hoped for restraint although I'm not sure I'd have been able to apply it. Mind you, I'd not think of kicking a restrained man in the head. 

32 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Not a word of that provides a necessity for kicking a guy who's lying face down and being tazed in the head.

As above, no necessity at all, but purely revenge and adrenaline. Having said that, I'm beginning to wonder if there was any serious contact as he appears unmarked, and if he had a 'cyst on the brain' and it was serious, he'd be still in hospital! Stand by for an insistence that he's  hospitalised!

51 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Totally anger and revenge, as he was also assaulted by the same guy. I'd have hoped for restraint although I'm not sure I'd have been able to apply it. Mind you, I'd not think of kicking a restrained man in the head. 

As above, no necessity at all, but purely revenge and adrenaline. Having said that, I'm beginning to wonder if there was any serious contact as he appears unmarked, and if he had a 'cyst on the brain' and it was serious, he'd be still in hospital! Stand by for an insistence that he's  hospitalised!

Willingness to mete out violence in the name of revenge rather than necessity is an unacceptable trait for a firearms officer.

There's a reason the likes of the UFC do not permit head kicks to downed opponents - and that's barefoot, too. That kick was certainly sufficient to cause head trauma.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 5:01 PM, thommo2010 said:

...restrain violent animals...

See this is the kind of othering that takes place in "warrior" police training in the US (and has bleed over to this side of the pond).

Coppers are told they need to be like Judge Dredd, and every single person they meet is out to get them and they need to stay hyper vigilant and ready to be judge, jury and executioner at a moments notice, lest the "animals" kill them, their family and their dog.

14 hours ago, HeliX said:

There's a reason the likes of the UFC do not permit head kicks to downed opponents - and that's barefoot, too. That kick was certainly sufficient to cause head trauma.

Which may change the level of seriousness for any charges.