Budget Day Tomorrow

hissingsid

Sounds like a fairly significant drawdown of strategic reserves over the next few years, with the hope of raising tax receipts through anticipated jobs and population growth. Presumably similar investment on private side will be required to deliver required housing through relaxing of planning rules or other measures. Clearly Cannan's administration sees an economic malaise on the horizon from the age distribution that justifies risking the budget reserves to attempt to tackle.. 

Does anyone know if there is a loacation for past budgets? It goes back to 2011-12 on their website, any further available?

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

FFS Dandara have them over a barrel as it is ! Let's concrete over what makes the island attractive winner !

Have you any idea how many more houses Dandara, Hartford and all other developers would be building if government didn’t impose such huge amounts of red tape and expense trying to get planning through?

Planning needs seriously speeding up and relaxing to allow the economy to grow.

They won’t even let King Gaming build their new HQ yet and that’s been going on for ever.  Plenty of others would have given up and gone elsewhere by now.

The current planning system is one of the biggest barriers to economic growth and needs a major overhaul.

Edited by Asthehills

23 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Have you any idea how many more houses Dandara, Hartford and all other developers would be building if government didn’t impose such huge amounts of red tape and expense trying to get planning through?

Planning needs seriously speeding up and relaxing to allow the economy to grow.

They won’t even let King Gaming build their new HQ yet and that’s been going on for ever.  Plenty of others would have given up and gone elsewhere by now.

The current planning system is one of the biggest barriers to economic growth and needs a major overhaul.

King gaming one has an objection from ShopRite & not sure it’s been before planning yet

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Have you any idea how many more houses Dandara, Hartford and all other developers would be building

Yes they would be building as much as possible wherever they have the greatest profits for the balance sheet, without giving a single hoot about any site sensitivity, what the island needs or supporting infrastructure, service provision etc ! A toxic company, planning needs to support sensible development particularly targeted at the less privileged .

I don't think the majority want the island to turn into a concrete covered UK style dormitory land. Government need economic growth, simply because it cannot govern capably within any financial constraints at all.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can't wait to see what they spunk 100 million quid on in the hope people will come to live here....

Salaries and pensions (and maybe bonuses) for those doing the planning for this economic salvation probably...

• Like 2

I expect as little imagination will be needed to predict the budget as what was put into it.

I predict, middle income earners will receive an increase in personal allowances. A raft of increase in government charges will negate any gain from allowances. Money will be put aside in various funds for various purposes, without any detail about how it will be spent. Benefits will increase in line with inflation. There will be a new initiative to attract wealthy residents and new business but the details are yet to be worked out. The Government will be launching a drive for the delivery of efficient services. No target or date for implementation has been set. A committee will be formed to look into it. The Health Service needs more funding and NI will increase accordingly,  except for those earning minimum wage. 
I could go on, but I’m boring myself. 

• Confused 1