Budget Day Tomorrow

hissingsid

I always thought Hooper would be a good MHK and I thought Ramsey was lucky to have him representing them. I’ve no idea what he’s like behind the scenes, he might be terrific, but his manner towards the people he represents is pretty damn shocking. Arrogance and petulance are not positive character traits for someone who is paid to communicate with the public. Quite a surprise but at the same time, when someone shows you who they really are, believe them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

That’s bollocks!!

Hooper has confirmed on Twitter that 500 is the net inward migration 

The thing is, who told Hooper (and Cannan) this information? CS, who according to Cannan, can't be trusted? Could we trust anything uttered by the DfE anyway?

These people serve only themselves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

So only 1,000 people earning those figures?

Not a lot of well paid on the rock then.

No, it's just that they'll fall into that bracket.

Rest presumably could use the allowance of their partner (if not working) even under new rules or maybe fall into the tax cap bracket. 

25 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I have just read that 12,000 high net worth (rich) people have left the UK since the EU referendum in 2016.

1,4000 millionaires left last year.

Have any of them come over here to take advantage of our wonderful offer?

Being a millionaire is no big deal these days.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, english zloty said:

Or and sadly more likely. They don’t know. Which suggests launching a strategy with no means of knowing if it’s working 🥳

Isn't this the gold standard for government strategy? Failure is a thing of the past.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/active-travel-it-is-difficult-to-say-what-has-been-achieved-595665

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

Isn't this the gold standard for government strategy? Failure is a thing of the past.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/active-travel-it-is-difficult-to-say-what-has-been-achieved-595665

Even the useless Henrietta was dismayed by it.

Dr Henrietta Ewart, head of public health at the time, who said: ‘The 2018-21 strategy has been a missed opportunity where a more rigorous approach to objective setting, project management and holding to account for both process and outcome could have achieved more.