DOI fails again

Two-lane

On 2/22/2023 at 8:08 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Actually I think it's to do with the expansion of the Distillery, which we've discussed on here in the past.  The fact that they are doing their best to not answer anything makes me wonder if there are various financial shenanigans going on which might not be to the benefit of the taxpayer.

It just shows you how crooked they are. The submitter even supplied a Google map after being brushed off the first time and they bare faced print off a different map and pass it on for an answer. They clearly knew what the submitter was wanting so deliberately set out to mislead and lie to them. 

This sorry, but unsurprising saga, really reinforces the need for our Government to be independently scrutinised. We desperately need people like a fully independent auditor, someone to hold the FSA to account and others. As residents and taxpayers our biggest enemy is our Government and Civil Service.

If we really mean freedom to flourish then the above posts should be at the spearhead of that campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As little as possible, so nothing can be proved they were part of the cover up.

I'm sorry I was not kept up to date with the situation, I am unable to micro manage and have to delegate responsibility to managers who appear to be incompetent. But do not worry we will find the person responsible and promote him out of the way.

Yeah that will teach him, how about a few sacking's for being an incompetent twat. Maybe they would take a bit more care.      

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

As little as possible, so nothing can be proved they were part of the cover up.

I'm sorry I was not kept up to date with the situation, I am unable to micro manage and have to delegate responsibility to managers who appear to be incompetent. But do not worry we will find the person responsible and promote him out of the way.

Yeah that will teach him, how about a few sacking's for being an incompetent twat. Maybe they would take a bit more care.      

Bit over the top for what is basically a procedural error isn't it? What has the actual damage/consequence been?

Wouldn't a simple response from DOI giving their reasons and what action taken suffice. 

This level of frothy response just results in additional layers of administration for 'added checks' and requiring sign-off by X number of senior officers/Ministers, and an even more ineffective behemoth of a Department.  

Chris Thomas was on MR bemoaning the fact that the DOI have had their allocated funds cut.    This is a pre warning that the roads will not be improved anytime soon apart from the TT course, vanity projects i.e. Victoria Street will probably be ring fenced .   Victoria Street was not a necessity it was ok the way it was I wonder how much it cost ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercenary said:

Bit over the top for what is basically a procedural error isn't it? What has the actual damage/consequence been?

If you read the Information Commissioner's decision, it's a lot more than "a procedural error".  There's a long chain of what are at best failures and at worst deliberate attempts to mislead (including misleading colleagues in the DoI).  Possibly they're covering something up, but certainly they lack the competence and honesty that the role in answering FoI requests requires[1]. 

What is more, the fact that this has gone all the way to the IC and still hasn't been answered properly suggests there is either a complete failure in supervision or collusion in what is being done.

It would be interesting to know what @Chris Thomas thinks about all this - not least because if they're lying to us, they're probably lying to him as well.

[1]  Also if they're the person who keeps on using "(sic)" in a manner both patronising and completely incorrect in responses, they should be sacked for that alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think there will be no doubt that they’re lying to him as they lie to absolutely everyone else. Which is why I’ve always thought the DOI isn’t particularly a good fit for Thomas who is an honest man who has a level of integrity who is sitting over a department where even if I asked somebody there the time I’d be checking my own watch as the answer I’d get back would most likely be a blatant lie. 

You must be Chris Thomas  and I claim my £5   ! the whole rotten  lot wants exposing , and replaced with some honest hard working competent  people 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forestboy said:

Fairy Bridge to Santon desperately needs reconstruction/resurfacing. 
They are tinkering/surfacing minor roads like Ballasalla roundabout to St Marks road. 

There’s a couple of drunk DOI workers recently re done the double white lines there though. Have you seen where they tried to make the lines join as they were out by about 6 inches just before Santon Motel? 

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Sulby straight in the next few weeks I reckon 

The subsidence in the road about 100 metres out of the village as you head west is bad enough in a car at 30. What it's like for people hitting it at 200mph is anybody's guess. Various complaints last year from the leading sidecar exponents too.