DOI fails again

Two-lane

2 hours ago, KERED said:

I walk through The Mooragh almost every day, and I always say that it is The Jewel in the Crown, not only of Ramsey, but of the whole Island.

It is always well cared-for , and is a credit to the guys who maintain it.

The upkeep of the park is not a patch on what it was 15< years ago. Areas are left unkempt now, the grass on the Mooragh including the camping area used to be mowed. There were complaints during the sprints of last and this year about the state of the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

You can bet the drug cartels do not have this business policy in place.

Or dictatorships! 

I'm sure I remember someone high up in the Olympic committee stating they prefer dealing with them as it's so much easier to get things done.  

3 hours ago, KERED said:

I walk through The Mooragh almost every day, and I always say that it is The Jewel in the Crown, not only of Ramsey, but of the whole Island.

It is always well cared-for , and is a credit to the guys who maintain it.

Can I ask when you first visited the park?

On another tangent, since the old swiss chalet's site has been closed down for the foreseeable future. Should the DOI  not be reopening the road that runs past it, I for one used to like the stroll down to the prom that way. Its not as if its any hardship they can throw a piece of Harris fencing across the site entrance, or are we the public who own the road to be inconvenienced  for the uncertain foreseeable future. 

20 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

On another tangent, since the old swiss chalet's site has been closed down for the foreseeable future. Should the DOI  not be reopening the road that runs past it, I for one used to like the stroll down to the prom that way. Its not as if its any hardship they can throw a piece of Harris fencing across the site entrance, or are we the public who own the road to be inconvenienced  for the uncertain foreseeable future. 

Talking of which I believe we've been stung for several million over this debacle.

42 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

i thought the swiss chalet was in glen helen ?    

edit;   i think your thinking of little switzerland

Edited by WTF

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Apart from your confusion over the chalet, I absolutely agree with you. The road should be reopened. It's a disgrace. 

It will be interesting to see what develops as the road closure order will expire. But who is going to move all the crap away to actually allow it to open. 

Forrest Homes and Tom Doyle owned that site , Little Switzerland , and he had it along time before it was demolished and then he died . Not sure what’s happening with the firm now but a son was involved in it when Tom was alive  Seems developers get away with lots with road closures . The one at the bottom corner of Derby Square has been closed of it seems for years ..

Edited by Numbnuts

15 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Talking about road closures, the one at Hillside avenue/terrace for glazing replacement. The building seems to be sprouting another floor, surely not without planning.

The island infrastructure budget has to be spent on something!  We can't be wasting it building affordable homes for heavens sake.

16 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Can I ask when you first visited the park?

Certainly, Roger.

I first visited the park back in the 50's, when it was one of the regular stop-off locations on our annual Sunday School Picnic Outings.

During the 80's and 90's it was a favourite of my children for picnics, and my grandchildren now love to spend an afternoon there.

Since moving to Ramsey 18 years ago, I try to have a walk in the park every day, even right throughout the Winter.

(My last visit was yesterday, and my next visit will be today.)

And . . . I say again that the park is a credit to all concerned.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KERED said:

Certainly, Roger.

I first visited the park back in the 50's, when it was one of the regular stop-off locations on our annual Sunday School Picnic Outings.

During the 80's and 90's it was a favourite of my children for picnics, and my grandchildren now love to spend an afternoon there.

Since moving to Ramsey 18 years ago, I try to have a walk in the park every day, even right throughout the Winter.

(My last visit was yesterday, and my next visit will be today.)

And . . . I say again that the park is a credit to all concerned.

Then I am astounded that you don’t see how much poorer the place is now than it was in years gone by.

Everyone I know who remembers the park from decades ago feels it’s a much less attractive and well maintained place than it used to be.