DOI fails again

Two-lane

Your definition of arguing is a bit strange.  Let’s just stick with talking rubbish then.

Here is an article about the original work with a pretty picture to help you understand.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/20-weeks-to-replace-town-centres-pedestrian-crossing/

You will notice that neither Barclays or Conister banks are on the pretty picture because resurfacing the road there is outside the scope of the crossing works.

I also believe that they were sensibly waiting for the majority of the work on plan.com new HQ to be complete before resurfacing the road.  

Edited by Ativa
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Your definition of arguing is a bit strange.  Let’s just stick with talking rubbish then.

Nice to see you continue to argue after a poster has said that they clearly do not wish to engage in any of your false arguments with you. I’ve already run out of 50p’s. You’re like the Durcelll Bunny.

Edited by offshoremanxman

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Nice to see you continue to argue after a poster has said that they clearly do not wise to engage in any of your false arguments with you. I’ve already run out of 50p’s. You’re like the Durcelll Bunny.

What? 😂

My work here is done.  You have made yourself look a bit foolish so I shall leave it there.

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Have you heard how loud a road cutting saw/road planning machine/pecker sounds at 4am in the morning? That's why road works are normally only done at night in emergency.

Yes, I have. That’s why I wouldn’t live over a busy crossing in the middle of town. This work benefits thousands of people. They can’t be expected to change it for a couple of flat dwellers. Even you must be able to see that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Yes, I have. That’s why I wouldn’t live over a busy crossing in the middle of town. This work benefits thousands of people. They can’t be expected to change it for a couple of flat dwellers. Even you must be able to see that.

Couple of dwellers? The noise will be heard a mile away. 1000s of dweller disturbed so that motorists are not inconvenienced

Edited by Happier diner

8 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Positive news, we have had a lamp post replaced!

It only took over a week, at least 7 vehicles, (two lorries this morning) and innumerable staff, Good value for money and wonderful planning?

Can't shed any light on that, I'm afraid.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Couple of dwellers? The noise will be heard a mile away. 1000s of dweller disturbed so that motorists are not inconvenienced

Yet the mountain road, which has virtually no human residents to disturb, is shut for weeks, surely the work there could have been achieved with night time closures only?.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone tried to get along the New Castletown   road today ,its been chaos now vicarage road is closed , and traffic lights  holding everyone up opposite Rileys Garden centre  on Cooil road  and there not even digging in the road , you couldn't make it up  ,   vehicles stuck in traffic for ages !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ativa said:

That’s rubbish.

CCJ built the crossing.  Once the crossing is complete and there are no more planned works on the road is the right time to resurface the rest of it.  

That will be done by the DOI paving team and which is completely separate to the work CCJ were contracted to do.

I am sure you will be back shortly to argue, despite being completely wrong and just jumping   on the usual DOI bashing bandwagon.

Starting a sweep stake. How many weeks for before MUA or another utility are there digging it up? 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Has anyone tried to get along the New Castletown   road today ,its been chaos now vicarage road is closed , and traffic lights  holding everyone up opposite Rileys Garden centre  on Cooil road  and there not even digging in the road , you couldn't make it up  ,   vehicles stuck in traffic for ages !

you can cut through business park area and come out just before the BnQ roundabout if you can get to the little island in the dip before the lights coming from the braid direction . if you've come up past kirby garden centre turn left by the big stone ball thing.  if they made that road a clearway the could totally close the road with lights on it and just allow access to rileys etc from the BnQ end

• Like 1