DOI fails again

Two-lane

41 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Okells used to use the trams to Ramsey to deliver beer to the Pubs up North

As did Douglas-based motor factors to deliver car parts, you could even send a car exhaust up to Ramsey on the tram. It stopped about 30 years ago, risk of trip hazards etc for passengers, from memory.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Electric trams not horse trams.

Apologies yes MER to War Memorial (I misread because I more logically thought the horse trams would be extended a little. MER to War Memorial seemed so stupid an idea I discounted it from my brain 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

As did Douglas-based motor factors to deliver car parts, you could even send a car exhaust up to Ramsey on the tram. It stopped about 30 years ago, risk of trip hazards etc for passengers, from memory.

?

By that logic, you may as well stop passengers from bringing carrier bags of food etc, or shopping to and from Ramsey, based on elf n safety. What’s the difference with a parcel and a passenger with a suitcase going up to Ramsey on the electric tram? If sure people can use common sense? 

2 hours ago, english zloty said:

Apologies yes MER to War Memorial (I misread because I more logically thought the horse trams would be extended a little. MER to War Memorial seemed so stupid an idea I discounted it from my brain 

It is a stupid idea, a costly idea, one which will cause maximum disruption and aggravation, which is probably why it will get adopted. After all, Minister Thomas will do what the civil servants tell him to do, 

• Like 2

all that oil dripping from the axle boxes will soon make the promenade slippery for other road users , then there is a height differential  with electric railway  passengers will need a beer crate to get on and off , plus the speed of the trams  cars will finish up getting crushed as in  places there is insufficient  room for both vehicles ,

sounds like a really thought out  and well planned idea from the DOI  , and spending more money ,that if anyone's noticed  is quickly running out ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

?

By that logic, you may as well stop passengers from bringing carrier bags of food etc, or shopping to and from Ramsey, based on elf n safety. What’s the difference with a parcel and a passenger with a suitcase going up to Ramsey on the electric tram? If sure people can use common sense? 

It used to tow a freight car behind it collected an exhaust system out of it myself many moons ago.

images (36).jpeg

• Like 1

All these madcap schemes, with the idea to totally screw the taxpayers, bamboozle them with bullshit. The island is financially challenged as well as the adjacent isles. It’s not an essential to have other types of heritage transport and it won’t bring in the 500,000 a year tourists, to ride along the promenade. Why can’t the DOI just concentrate on the basics which it can’t even do with the simplest of things.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

All these madcap schemes, with the idea to totally screw the taxpayers, bamboozle them with bullshit. The island is financially challenged as well as the adjacent isles. It’s not an essential to have other types of heritage transport and it won’t bring in the 500,000 a year tourists, to ride along the promenade. Why can’t the DOI just concentrate on the basics which it can’t even do with the simplest of things.

Like decent road surfaces away from TT course such as Fairy Bridge to Santon. 

12 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Like decent road surfaces away from TT course such as Fairy Bridge to Santon. 

The minister has explained this in the press only recently.

It’s not as straightforward as just resurfacing a road.  DOI wanted to do the work an treasury pulled the funding.

Now they are making sure that when this major project takes place, which will cause major disruption that the other routes down south are open and in good condition.