DOI fails again

Two-lane

13 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

We've got the Manx Labour Party and Liberal Vannin.

Manx labour party have shown that as soon as they are part of government any party policies are thrown in the bin. 

Did I miss them on the picket lines?  Or speaking out about any of the failed government policies? Or did they both cut vote through a budget and toe the govt line?

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Manx labour party have shown that as soon as they are part of government any party policies are thrown in the bin. 

Did I miss them on the picket lines?  Or speaking out about any of the failed government policies? Or did they both cut vote through a budget and toe the govt line?

But is the labour party part of government?  It is just two independent members who happen to be  members of a thing called the labour party- if it even exists in any kind of recognisable form. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Are they real parties, or groups with a common interest?  

It is the election process that needs to change. You stand as a party member or an independent  but it is clear in your manifesto when you start canvassing. 

The current system allows, for example, candidates to canvass on the basis of free sherbet for all. But they have no hope of ever achieving that and, even if they acknowledge the original 'pledge', cannot actually deliver it because they are just one voice. 

Common Interest - yes, Self Interest. Liberal Vannin - Laurie Hooper 😂 As for Manx Labour Party - has two MHKs but they are puppets of the original leader, and haven’t achieved much to date.

Edited by 2112

Even more unenforceable old toss coming from the DOI which will likely close down half of Douglas 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/20mph-limits-more-crossings-and-traffic-calming-proposed-for-douglas-central/

“Some of the no entry measures would allow residents to drive in two directions, but stop those who don't live nearby using the area as a cut through” how the hell are they even going to police that. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Even more unenforceable old toss coming from the DOI which will likely close down half of Douglas 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/20mph-limits-more-crossings-and-traffic-calming-proposed-for-douglas-central/

“Some of the no entry measures would allow residents to drive in two directions, but stop those who don't live nearby using the area as a cut through” how the hell are they even going to police that. 

Maybe a shop a driver scheme?  Vigilante mob justice?

Is this part of the 15 minute city nonsense? I see rob mercer is in favour so I assume it's green type anti car agenda bollocks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Maybe a shop a driver scheme?  Vigilante mob justice?

Is this part of the 15 minute city nonsense? I see rob mercer is in favour so I assume it's green type anti car agenda bollocks.

It’s just more totally incompetent bollocks from Jeff Robinson and his flying clown show. I can’t even see how this is policeable without creating vigilante mobs and the police getting 200 calls a day from nosey home owners about non resident cars. This is all down to the useless Ann Corlett and her stupid “20 is plenty” voter base largely comprised of Douglas idiots. The stupid schemes that useless MHKs devise just to stay on power and make it look like they’re doing something!

• Thanks 1

It did state it was to help people who live round that there area to walk cycle to work. But for the life of me I could not see how it was going to achieve it. It will get people from the Island killed when they go across and find they have no idea how to cross a road safely. Or have towalk miles looking for a crossing of some kind to be able to do so. Why not just teach people the green cross code, instead of big brother trying to mitigate any risk. Or for that matter when are they going to fine people for not using the crossings and just crossing where ever they please. In the states this is j walking and gets you a $35 fine

Edited by Dirty Buggane

They changed the Ramsey Quayside to 20Mph and you’d never know, haven’t seen a single speed check in the area, I do think there is less cars doing 40mph but if you travel at 20mph you’ll have plenty of impatient fuckers trying to push you along.

Parliament street is no different, particularly between Parliament Square and Christian Street.

25 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It did state it was to help people who live round that there area to walk cycle to work. But for the life of me I could not see how it was going to achieve it. It will get people from the Island killed when they go across and find they have no idea how to cross a road safely.

That’s the same old crap that they trot out about everything. The 15 minute town bullshit on Westmoreland Road, the people all riding to work bullshit. None of it will ever happen. Almost nobody walks or cycles to work in that area and nobody else will be doing it once these changes happen either. It’s the same old delusional DOI bullshit like the cycle lane at Gansey which never has any cyclists on it, or Pulrose Bridge that vast empty pavement used by absolutely zero cyclists at all. The last costing for this was around £2M, so it’s £2M worth of pointless useless bollocks that will be installed appallingly by total morons and take 10 x longer than planned. All to achieve nothing.

This is the sort of stuff that ends up happening when people are confronted with such complete stupidity

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12011173/Now-vandals-SAW-wooden-road-bollard-Oxford-just-10-days-installed-LTN.html

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2