DOI fails again

Two-lane

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

There won’t be any facts he’s even less reliable than Banker for actual facts. 

What’s wrong with any of the new surfaces laid in the last few months?

Nothing.  That’s a fact unless you can prove otherwise. (With the expection of the strip laid on glencrutchery road a couple of weeks ago, which I think was a subcontractor anyway)

Edited by Ativa

4 hours ago, Ativa said:

Yes there have been issues in the past but it genuinely looks like we might be turning a corner.

Maybe, just maybe before being too negative people should give them a few more moths to see what a new management can actually achieve without just tarring them with the same brush that has been used for decades.

When did the management change? I thought the only change was the CEO but wasn't she the interim anyway?

12 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

When did the management change? I thought the only change was the CEO but wasn't she the interim anyway?

Black left less than 18 months ago, so it’s reasonable that any changes in culture or the way schemes are prioritised and allocated has only started being visible to the public in the last few months.

I am pretty sure they don’t sit down and decide a road needs fixing and then start on it the next week.  The works program will be planned months or years in advance.

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Black left less than 18 months ago, so it’s reasonable that any changes in culture or the way schemes are prioritised and allocated has only started being visible to the public in the last few months.

I am pretty sure they don’t sit down and decide a road needs fixing and then start on it the next week.  The works program will be planned months or years in advance.

You will be pinching my job on here! I am the resident DOI representative. Well at least I used to be in some peoples minds. I feel I have become redundant.

• Haha 1

A new fully-functioning, fully-illuminated, pedestrian crossing has been installed outside the Royal George in Ramsey.

When buying fish and chips, I usually park outside St Pauls. The possibility of me walking 30 metres down the road to the pedestrian crossing, crossing the road, and then walking 30 metres back up the road to the chippy is nill, zero, absolutely bugger-all.

Why they thought it worth the time and money to install the crossing on that piece of road is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

A new fully-functioning, fully-illuminated, pedestrian crossing has been installed outside the Royal George in Ramsey.

When buying fish and chips, I usually park outside St Pauls. The possibility of me walking 30 metres down the road to the pedestrian crossing, crossing the road, and then walking 30 metres back up the road to the chippy is nill, zero, absolutely bugger-all.

Why they thought it worth the time and money to install the crossing on that piece of road is beyond me.

Possibly in preparation for the hoards of people walking to work in Ramsey from the proposed Marina.....

There are a few comments above about the crossing that are in the usual ManxForums flippant style, but I do wonder what the criteria were for selecting this location.

That section of the road is very short and has low-speed corners at either end. The speed and volume of the traffic are nothing like Park Lane.

In fact, how on earth did they come up with that location? Do you think Chris Thomas might give us an inkling?

[Do you think Chris Thomas answers his emails?]

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, finlo said:

They'd just step out in front of you anyway!

To be fair, I could understand the installation of the dropped kerbs there in the name of inclusion and ease of crossing for those requiring it. But the rest of the Full Monty...? Unless there is a legal requirement for it all to be included?

The plethora of crossings just seeming to materialise with no thought or reason for the locations is astounding. Call me cynical but I believe they are just to use up money left in budgets as the old mantra says, If you don't use  it you lose it and the money is also cut from your next years budget. That is why they has been a sudden rush on getting them started before the end of the financial year. I could be totally wrong and Chris could stand up and spout endless bullshit about safety issues that have suddenly appeared or have been noted for the last 11 months and have been pushed up the ladder of priority work, but I would say that is SHITE.

• Like 3