DOI fails again

Two-lane

2 hours ago, rodders said:

Blowing them up seems a bit harsh.

In other news...St.Marys road, Port Erin...(shamlessly taken off facebook)

Screenshot 2023-07-02 8.11.45 PM.png

Imagine getting your road done up and complaining when they haven't completed it in one day - I'd happily swap! 🦀🦀

Does anyone know if there’s a specification for height of kerb between footpath and road? Quite a few places on the Patrick road, and others in the area where the road has been built up to the same height as the kerbstones. All new construction has a good difference in height. 🤷🏼‍♂️

11 hours ago, buzz said:

Does anyone know if there’s a specification for height of kerb between footpath and road? Quite a few places on the Patrick road, and others in the area where the road has been built up to the same height as the kerbstones. All new construction has a good difference in height. 🤷🏼‍♂️

For new roads yes (5") but wouldn't really apply to existing, which are often reduced when resurfacing the road

• 3 weeks later...

The DoI is informing motorists that a major thoroughfare will be closed for 4 hours on Saturday. No doubt many people will ignore the warning signs and try to drive down this highway, thus causing traffic chaos in Douglas.

I wonder who gets paid to decide which trivia to display, and what their salary is.

Screenshot_2023-07-21_14-53-08.png.089de03f43599751d8f392f6099bbfe2.png

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The DoI is informing motorists that a major thoroughfare will be closed for 4 hours on Saturday. No doubt many people will ignore the warning signs and try to drive down this highway, thus causing traffic chaos in Douglas.

I wonder who gets paid to decide which trivia to display, and what their salary is.

Screenshot_2023-07-21_14-53-08.png.089de03f43599751d8f392f6099bbfe2.png

Why will people try to drive down a closed road? They would have to take the signs and barriers down.

Traffic Chaos. You are making me laugh 🤣🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why will people try to drive down a closed road? They would have to take the signs and barriers down.

Traffic Chaos. You are making me laugh 🤣🤣

There were cars on the Quay last weekend evenings that had simply been driven around the placed barriers, before being parked up and left.

• Like 1