DOI fails again

Two-lane

4 minutes ago, Gizo said:

What am I missing here? 

They have raised a section across the junction so it’s just an extension of the pavement.

Vehicles are supposed to give way so people on the “pavement” and there were signs up saying so when they first went in which vanished months ago.

Difficult to explain but if you walk down there you cross a few side roads without any kerbs or changes in level.

I will do a search and see if I can find anything that explains it better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

They have raised a section across the junction so it’s just an extension of the pavement.

Vehicles are supposed to give way so people on the “pavement” and there were signs up saying so when they first went in which vanished months ago.

Difficult to explain but if you walk down there you cross a few side roads without any kerbs or changes in level.

I will do a search and see if I can find anything that explains it better

Like the variable pedestrian crossing on the prom? 

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

There were two there.  I am not sure why this is funny but there you go.

It's funny because your pic had graphics of people, hence the graphic of an ambulance.  If someone has been hurt that is not funny, but I am still bemused as to what you think the issue is.  

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's funny because your pic had graphics of people, hence the graphic of an ambulance.  If someone has been hurt that is not funny, but I am still bemused as to what you think the issue is.  

It is literally on the picture.

The pavements junctions have had sections built up which mean the pavement is continuous and runs right across the roads.  The dropped kerb in that picture is to allow the vehicles to get up to pavement level.

Its madness but hard to explain unless you have been out there and seen it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It is literally on the picture.

The pavements junctions have had sections built up which mean the pavement is continuous and runs right across the roads.  The dropped kerb in that picture is to allow the vehicles to get up to pavement level.

Its madness but hard to explain unless you have been out there and seen it.

It’s not madness. It’s to prioritise pedestrian, buggy users, pushchairs, wheelchairs. It’s to slow down vehicles, make drivers proceed with caution.

Every side junction should be like that.

But you have to combine with appropriate road marking, road signs, and speed limits.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s not madness. It’s to prioritise pedestrian, buggy users, pushchairs, wheelchairs. It’s to slow down vehicles, make drivers proceed with caution.

Every side junction should be like that.

But you have to combine with appropriate road marking, road signs, and speed limits.

Yea you need signage and every junction needs to be the same.

This afternoon someone was being tended to by police, ambulances and the fire brigade and on this thread we can see a lot of people who drive over here don’t even know these things exist in Kirk Michael.

I hope the pedestrian is ok.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Yea you need signage and every junction needs to be the same.

This afternoon someone was being tended to by police, ambulances and the fire brigade and on this thread we can see a lot of people who drive over here don’t even know these things exist in Kirk Michael.

I hope the pedestrian is ok.

Obviously jumping to conclusions but if pedestrians clearly have priority & are moving in a straight line, seems likely who is at fault?

8 hours ago, Mercenary said:

Obviously jumping to conclusions but if pedestrians clearly have priority & are moving in a straight line, seems likely who is at fault?

it used to be for pedestrians to have right of way without traffic lights the road was coloured with black and white stripes , now its just anything some wanker in an office dreams up

• Like 3